Premium

Country

USA

Device

IPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

IOS 13.3.1

My Question or Issue

When I connect to my chrome cast speakers from my iPhone, it will play for a few minutes and then it stops. When this happens, I see the volume slider appear on my phone briefly, and spotify is no longer connect to the speakers. I can reconnect and play again, but the issue will intermittently occur. Sometimes it occurs again almost immediately. If o force close spotify after the music starts, the music continues to play with no issues. On android phone I do not have this issue. Issue has been happening since January I believe.  Playing music from Google play on my iPhone with the same speakers has no issues at all. Please help, I think it may be a big in the ios app. 

10 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Chromecast issues: music keeps pausing

Casual Listener

This happens for me on Android as well (and from my Macbook)! I've restarted the apps multiple times, logged out of ALL accounts but nothing seems to resolve it. My wife (on the same family account) does not have this problem.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I've found that the only solution to the problem is to kill the Android app as soon as you start the casting. It seems like the phone (Galaxy S20+ in my case) forces Spotify to pause the playback when in the background and not actually playing any sound (because it works perfectly fine when listening to bluetooth speakers)

Highlighted

Visitor

Yep. That's my experience too. Cast, then kill the app.

What a terrible implementation of Chromecast. Why won't Spotify fix this? It's been going on for at least two years now.

Highlighted

Regular

This is the one issue that has kept me from renewing my Spotify Premium subscription. It makes it basically unusable for my primary usage. 😞

Highlighted

Visitor
I'm a premium user and it also happens when I stream via my pixel phone
Highlighted

Regular

For what it's worth, this resolved itself for me just after I posted (must have been an app update). 

I'll report back here if/when it starts failing again.

Highlighted

Regular

Yeah, tested again today and the problem is back. 

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

To the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, we'd like to add a few more. You can check these steps and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not leading to any issues. It's also a good idea to restart the router.

If you still experience this issue, we'd suggest to check this and add your +VOTE to and Subscribe so you can get notified about any updates on this. 

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
Highlighted

Visitor

I started to experience the problem only AFTER I started using my Spotify account on an iphone alongside Android devices.

So, the problem could be related to several different kind of devices using the same account.. or just Apple devices.

Does this apply to other cases as well or do you have problems with just one Android device connected to your account?

SUGGESTED POSTS