Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Closed iOS app still changing desktop volume

Closed iOS app still changing desktop volume

My Question or Issue

Hello, as of recent, past 2 weeks, I've noticed that even after I have fully closed out the iOS app while having the windows 10 desktop client open... I can still control the volume of my desktop client from my phone with the volume buttons. This also works Vice Versa. I have to completely take my phone off my wifi to get my volume functionality back.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 15)

4 Replies

Hey @inkrot,

Thanks for the post.

Try the following: Go into the Spotify mobile app ---> Settings ---> Devices ---> and turn off "Devices Lock Screen". 

Let us know if this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

While that is a temporary "fix". However I do like to make use the of that feature and the phone should not be controlling the desktop app when the mobile app is completely closed. Due to the new forums I have no idea where to report a bug in the app since this means the mobile app doesn't fully close on my phone and drains my battery.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 6s

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I open Wrapped in the app while I am using it to play music on my computer, Wrapped starts playing on the phone at full volume (the Spotify volume on my computer is 100) and it's very loud and startling!!

I have been encountering this same issue for several weeks now (I'm on iOS 15.1.1, desktop is macOS 11.6.1). I can verify I am still able to alter the volume even though the "Devices Lock Screen" toggle is off and the app has been force-quit. This bug also causes the iPhone's volume to max out (matching the desktop app's volume setting).

Suggested posts