Connect to Apple ID

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

USA

Operating System

up-to-date iOS

My Question or Issue

I decided to upgrade my account. I want to manage it through iTunes. However, it appears that when I made my free account, I did not use my Apple ID and just signed up with my email (which is the same as my Apple ID). Before I realized this, I clicked "Continue with Apple" and did the sign-in stuff, clicking "don't share my email." Only after the sign in failed did I realize the issue. So, I looked up how to link accounts, figuring it wouldn't be too big a deal. However, to do so, you basically do what I already did but you have to allow email sharing. I cannot figure out any way to go back and let it share my email, as that box isn't there anymore when I try to log in with Apple. Is there any way to link the accounts now?? I really don't want to have to start making my playlists from scratch but I have got to get rid of the ads.

1 Reply

Hi there @oddity123

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We're afraid it's not possible to merge the email created account with the Apple created one. However, you can reach out directly to our Support team through any of these channels so they can check both accounts and transfer the content to the Apple-created one if needed, and close the other one. Make sure to reach out to them while you're logged into the free account. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts