Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cover art not showing..

Solved!

Cover art not showing..

So, I didn't think this would bother me this much, but it has. Cover art for songs aren't showing up when listening to the song, but when I go to the full list of songs, it shows up at the bottom. This just started happening a few days ago. I even uninstalled the app, then reinstalled it and synced all my songs again, but the problem is still occurring. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Version 2.1 is now out! All album art bugs should be fixed including the display of album art for local files.

Thanks for your patience and enjoy your album covers!

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

47 Replies

Hello @user-removed and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately this is a bug and Spotify is aware of that. The developers team is looking into it and will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconveniences, please be a little more patient.

In the recent 1.9 update a new bug has appeared that affects album art in certain situations. 

This bug is being looked into and hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

MattSudaSpotify Star

İf you can't fixed i can't buy perimui . Account pls fixed this bug is very bored i cant see album art pls fixed :(((

i just tested this pretty thoroughly... iphone 5s, ios 8.1, spotify app1.9.0.2744 - no matter what I do, or where I mark a song for offline use, if I play the song after (offline or online), the album art does not show up in the expanded view of the song playing.  It does show up on the small view as you are looking at the queue or other places where there is small album art.  

I marked songs for offline use from songs, albums and artist - no album art.  I deleted the app, reloaded, signed in and then marked a playlist... didn't matter - very consistently does not show album artwork if a song is marked for offline use.  As soon as I take the song off offline use, restart the app then play the song online, the artwork is there.

very annoying.  I posted in another thread, apparently this issue isn't new, apparently has popped up again?

Hello there! Spotify has noted this bug and its fixing it as fast as they can, thank you (:

When the bug is fixed, we'd expect that cover art would show up wether in offline mode or not correct?  Regardless of where you mark the song?

I don't mess with playlists too often.. Much easier to "save" an album to songs then mark your song list for offline use.  I personally only use offline when I'm in an environment where there is no internet connectivity (wifi nor cellular).

I just want to make sure what to expect.  its a drag to be in your car, listening and not see the album artwork (online) just because you marked a particular song for offline use...

Yes that's right sir (:

So there was an update this morning that fixed "more bugs and crashes" but still, cover art is not showing. Trying to be patient but my patience is running thin!

I agree. Have the same problem on my iphone. When i offline, the covers are not avaible. Then, when i online they still didn't showing. Trying to be pacient...

I am also experiencing this same issue on my iPhone 5, even after updating to the latest Spotify version. Everything you described applies to me.

Same here! Gave this morning the update and no vover art yet 😕

What a bunch of clowns, they claim to fix a bug(s) then end up creating a few more in the process. I think it's a matter of time before you lose your jobs to someone overseas who is more capable.

Not sure if it is a coincidence but the Foo Fighters new album on my I 6 is also plagued with the bug. Very strange! Does it when song is synced or unsynced.

I'm having this problem too...

The app developers are aware of this and it should be fixed soon. There is currently no exact ETA when the update will come.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Same here... just the playlist marked as offline prior the latest update are still showing the album art.

All post updates playlist marked for offline do not shows the album art.

this bug should be resolved asap - small things like that are annoying and since I'm a premium user I expect the highest qual!

Same problem here, still. Sick of seeing a grey boxes on my tv (stream from my iPhone to Apple TV), premium user. Fix it preez.

can somebody fix this bug please it is getting really annoying.  Maybe put it at the top of the list to fix?!

Suggested posts