Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Songs Not Available After Saving

Hi! A couple nights ago I used Spotify on my computer (Dell) for the first time and saved an album-- Blue Neighbourhood Deluxe Edition by Troye Sivan. The next morning, I opened my iPhone to try and play it and only four of the tracks were playable. ...

• Hi! A couple nights ago I used Spotify on my computer (Dell) for the first time and saved an album-- Blue Neighbourhood Deluxe Edition by Troye Sivan. The next morning, I opened my iPhone to try and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist editing

When I edit a playlist on my Mac, the edited playlist does not change on my iphone or ipad. Is there a setting to control this? I would like my playlists to be the same on all devices. Thanks all.

• Casual Listener
  • When I edit a playlist on my Mac, the edited playlist does not change on my iphone or ipad. Is there a setting to control this? I would like my playlists to be the same on all devices. Than...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Saved Albums and songs deleted

Hi, I'm using spotify on my iPhone 5 with iOs 8, when I opened Spotify today all my saved songs and albums were deleted. I restarted the app and logged out and in again but it didn't help. I'm using the latest version of the app.

• Hi, I'm using spotify on my iPhone 5 with iOs 8, when I opened Spotify today all my saved songs and albums were deleted. I restarted the app and logged out and in again but it didn't help. I'm usin...
  • Flaccidflaxseed
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't play first song

On some of my albums and playlists, I cannot play the first song when using my iphone. Anyone else having this issue and have a solution?

• Casual Listener
  • On some of my albums and playlists, I cannot play the first song when using my iphone. Anyone else having this issue and have a solution?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Home page doesn’t open

I am using spotify with iphone 7 and when i try to open home page it doesn’t open

• I am using spotify with iphone 7 and when i try to open home page it doesn’t open 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone low sound volume

In Spotify, the iPhone sounds less than its own music application, how can I solve it?

• In Spotify, the iPhone sounds less than its own music application, how can I solve it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloading Local Files

I'd like to download some Local Files to my phone that are on my computer, but that are NOT on Spotify. I cannot find a definitive answer to this problem online. Many thanks

• I'd like to download some Local Files to my phone that are on my computer, but that are NOT on Spotify.   I cannot find a definitive answer to this problem online.     Many thanks...
  • Nygge72
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Play Music isn’t possible in iPhone App

Hi, i use the iPhone App and I have Spotify Premium but there is a playlist, in which I can’t play some titles and if I press play the next title is played. Can you help me?

• Hi,   i use the iPhone App and I have Spotify Premium but there is a playlist, in which I can’t play some titles and if I press play the next title is played.  Can you help me?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Seeing all downloaded songs offline

Until a recent update for the iOS version, I was able to search a song while offline and click “view all” to see any songs downloaded that matched my search criteria. This was key for listening to artists or albums cohesively. Now, it only shows the ...

• Until a recent update for the iOS version, I was able to search a song while offline and click “view all” to see any songs downloaded that matched my search criteria. This was key for listening ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Stopping In The Middle Of A Track

Spotify Version - 6.8.0.3786Device - Apple iPod Touch 6th Generation After a while of playing through several songs, Spotify will just randomly stop in the middle of a track (all tracks are downloaded). The app itself is still responsive and doesn't ...

• Regular
  • Spotify Version - 6.8.0.3786 Device - Apple iPod Touch 6th Generation   After a while of playing through several songs, Spotify will just randomly stop in the middle of a track (all tracks ar...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Shuffle turns off by itself

Every time I want to hear music on shuffle, after a few songs it takes it off by itself and just starts playing songs in the order they were downloaded. I turn shuffle on again, and, again, after a few songs it turns off shuffle.

• Every time I want to hear music on shuffle, after a few songs it takes it off by itself and just starts playing songs in the order they were downloaded. I turn shuffle on again, and, again, after a f...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Local files from laptop can't be synced onto iphone???

Local file songs played fine on my laptop (MacOS High Sierra) but it cannot be played/downloaded/synced onto my iPhone (SE). This is weird and extremely annoying because everything was fine before. Now the songs are greyed and on my phone, if I try t...

• Local file songs played fine on my laptop (MacOS High Sierra) but it cannot be played/downloaded/synced onto my iPhone (SE). This is weird and extremely annoying because everything was fine...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping Tracks/Fast Forwarding + Rewind/ Pausing and UnPausing/Muffled Sound Automatically Glitches

Songs keep skipping and pausing whenever I use my headphones. I have an iPhone 7 Plus(IOS 11.1.1). I've tried changing headphones and reinstalling the app but nothing seems to work.

• Songs keep skipping and pausing whenever I use my headphones. I have an iPhone 7 Plus(IOS 11.1.1). I've tried changing headphones and reinstalling the app but nothing seems to work.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No online access on iOS (internet connection available)

Hi, I have an app on my iPhone7, Spotify Family Premium (I'm one of the member). From some time my spotify shows no connection (works offline) althoutgh the offline mode is turned off in settings and the phone is connected to the internet (checked in...

• Hi, I have an app on my iPhone7, Spotify Family Premium (I'm one of the member). From some time my spotify shows no connection (works offline) althoutgh the offline mode is turned off in settings and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution running time of playlist

On my Mac I can see the minutes of each song (on the far right) but on my IPhone I can't see it which is a problem when teaching fitness classes. I want to see the total length of time for a playlist and each song.

• On my Mac I can see the minutes of each song (on the far right) but on my IPhone I can't see it which is a problem when teaching fitness classes. I want to see the total length of time for a playlist...
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue

Whenever I add a song to queue, the current and last song song don’t show up

• Whenever I add a song to queue, the current and last song song don’t show up
  • Jack
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I download more music?

Hello. So basically, I apparently hit a "download cap" set by Spotify on how many songs I can download on my iPhone. I'm not too sure why Spotify would set a "download limit". I had to delete a few playlists just so the download can continue for my p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. So basically, I apparently hit a "download cap" set by Spotify on how many songs I can download on my iPhone. I'm not too sure why Spotify would set a "download limit". I had to delete a few p...
  • de_stroyed
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Login failed on IOS (iPad en iPhone)

Hi,I try to login with an Iphone and/or Ipad but it fails from the Netherlands. The message I get is that the usersname and/or password is not correct. But when I login true a website I do can login.Can anybody help me what goes wrong? Kind regards, ...

• Hi, I try to login with an Iphone and/or Ipad but it fails from the Netherlands. The message I get is that the usersname and/or password is not correct. But when I login true a website I do can lo...
  • beamzer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Up Next Queue - iPhone

How do I clear the queue on my iphone app? My desktop version says the queue is empty, however, everytime I play a playlist it plays one song and then jumps to a different playlist. My guess is, that is because I have lots in my queue. Please help me...

• Visitor
  • How do I clear the queue on my iphone app? My desktop version says the queue is empty, however, everytime I play a playlist it plays one song and then jumps to a different playlist. My guess is, that...
  • B33K34
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files to Iphone wont sync.

So heres my issue. I have 2 songs on my local files. I have my phone connected to the same wifi and spotify is able to get through my firewall. I have premium aswell. I am able to toggle the download switch on my computer and then on my phone after i...

• So heres my issue. I have 2 songs on my local files. I have my phone connected to the same wifi and spotify is able to get through my firewall. I have premium aswell. I am able to toggle the download...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    local files
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes