Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

[iOS] Spotify doesn't connect without restarting the app

I have a problem with the Spotify iOS app on my iphone: I always have to completely restart the app, otherwise it doesn't connect to the Internet ("there seems so be a problem...").iOS 11.2.1Spotify 8.4.28.1104 I have: - restarted the phone-clean ins...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a problem with the Spotify  iOS app on my iphone: I always have to completely restart the app, otherwise it doesn't connect to the Internet ("there seems so be a problem..."). iOS 11.2.1...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to "Add to Queue" and what's up with "Add to Up Next"?

Here's the situation. I'm using the iOS app on an iPhone. I have selected an album and am happily listening to it. Mid-album, I decide I want to queue up a new album, for a seamless transition at the end of the current album (maybe I'm about to start...

• Regular
  • Here's the situation. I'm using the iOS app on an iPhone. I have selected an album and am happily listening to it. Mid-album, I decide I want to queue up a new album, for a seamless transition at the...
  • David_Corcoran
  • Music Fan
  • 20 replies
  • 17 likes
  • iOS
    queue
  • 20 replies
  • 17 likes

Spotify wont resume after interruptions

So, i have been having this problem that whenever I call siri, spotify would resume playing but no sound comes out. Same thing whenever i get a notification that will make spotify pause for a bit, it will continue playing after the interruptions are ...

• So, i have been having this problem that whenever I call siri, spotify would resume playing but no sound comes out. Same thing whenever i get a notification that will make spotify pause for a bit, it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution SOLVED - LOCAL FILES WONT SYNC TO IPHONE!!!!

I almost cancelled spotify because this feature broke and I have to have it for my classes that I teach. I figured it out today. The issue is that if you try and add files that don't have an artist, title, and album tagged on them, they will not go. ...

• Regular
  • I almost cancelled spotify because this feature broke and I have to have it for my classes that I teach.   I figured it out today.  The issue is that if you try and add files that don't h...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Radio instead of playlist

I just made a playlist and tried to play it, but instead only got to listen to “suggested tracks.” The playlist only has five songs in it and the suggested song autoplay is turned off in my settings. This is incredibly frustrating. Please help me fix...

• I just made a playlist and tried to play it, but instead only got to listen to “suggested tracks.” The playlist only has five songs in it and the suggested song autoplay is turned off in my settings....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle Play on Artist Page is Awful

I've had a lot of issues with the Shuffle Play option on the Artist pages. I use search to find an artist, hit "Shuffle Play" hoping to hear a good mix of their stuff and just get a continuous helping of tracks from one or two albums. Here's an examp...

• Roadie
  • I've had a lot of issues with the Shuffle Play option on the Artist pages.  I use search to find an artist, hit "Shuffle Play" hoping to hear a good mix of their stuff and just get a continuous ...
  • marcus00
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I arrange my spotify lists on my spotify app on my phone?

I can arrange all my lists on the computer from A to Z but then on the app they are all mixed, inside the list but mixed. How can I put them from A to Z? Thank you very much!!

• Casual Listener
  • I can arrange all my lists on the computer from A to Z but then on the app they are all mixed, inside the list but mixed. How can I put them from A to Z?   Thank you very much!!
  • jokharma
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

When I import songs from my iPhone, they play for 1sec and them skip to the next.

I already tried everything. The songs play normally when I use spotify on my desktop (Windows), but refuse to when I try to play them on my device (iPhone 7). I tried converting the files into MPEG. I tried deleting the app and download it again. I t...

• I already tried everything. The songs play normally when I use spotify on my desktop (Windows), but refuse to when I try to play them on my device (iPhone 7). I tried converting the files into MPEG. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 7 - music does not pause for phone calls.

Over the past two months, Spotify has really gone downhill. First, the battery issues and now, when I receive a phone call and am listening to Spotify on a bluetooth speaker, the music will not pause. I can't even pause via the lockscreen. I have to ...

• Over the past two months, Spotify has really gone downhill.  😕  First, the battery issues and now, when I receive a phone call and am listening to Spotify on a bluetooth speaker, the music...
  • highlyint
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution "Artist Radio" option on iOS

There is no "Artist Radio" option on Spotify app both iOS and MAC. This option limited to Android user only?

• Casual Listener
  • There is no "Artist Radio" option on Spotify app both iOS and MAC. This option limited to Android user only?
  • TorThanyawat
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Nao funciona em segundo plano

Ola, meu aplicativo para de funcionar sempre que nao estou com ele aberto, ou com a tela bloqueada.Meu aparelho e um iPhone SE.

• Casual Listener
  • Ola, meu aplicativo para de funcionar sempre que nao estou com ele aberto, ou com a tela bloqueada. Meu aparelho e um iPhone SE.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Aplicativo em 2 plano

Estou com um problema que quando o aplicativo fica em 2 plano, ele para de tocar a música.Isso ocorre também quando a tela do celular é bloqueadaAparelho: Iphone SENão utilizo economia de energia e nem aplicativo para limpeza.Versão do aplicativo: 8....

• Casual Listener
  • Estou com um problema que quando o aplicativo fica em 2 plano, ele para de tocar a música. Isso ocorre também quando a tela do celular é bloqueada Aparelho: Iphone SE Não utilizo economia de energ...
  • jcp02
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Spoitfy disappears from lock screen when paused

I am strongly thinking about switching from apple music to spotify, but I noticed something weird.As long as music is playing I can control my music over the lock screen which is nice, but the moment I pause, the lock screen controls disappear. In co...

• I am strongly thinking about switching from apple music to spotify, but I noticed something weird. As long as music is playing I can control my music over the lock screen which is nice, but the mome...
  • windesea
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Certain tracks won't load over data then never play

I've had this issue with spotify recently when i'm using the app over data. When I try to play a song theres a 50/50 chance that the song will either load 10 seconds then stop or not load at all. That song will then never be able to be played on my p...

• I've had this issue with spotify recently when i'm using the app over data. When I try to play a song theres a 50/50 chance that the song will either load 10 seconds then stop or not load at all. Tha...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Carplay] Add current song to playlist

Currently in Carplay when you're listening to the radio, the only two things you can do is to thumbs current song up or down. It's kind of a bummer that you can't return to the songs that you really liked during you drive again. I'd like a feature to...

• Currently in Carplay when you're listening to the radio, the only two things you can do is to thumbs current song up or down. It's kind of a bummer that you can't return to the songs that you really ...
  • sabaj
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Songs ported from iTunes unplayable/skipping after 1 second

First of all. This is only occuring on the iPhone 7 plus. With or without Wifi. iOS 11.2.1 is installed - no new update to Spotify on the AppStore is available. No problem with this on Windows 10.But no song i have had on iTunes and ported across to ...

• Regular
  • First of all. This is only occuring on the iPhone 7 plus. With or without Wifi. iOS 11.2.1 is installed  - no new update to Spotify on the AppStore is available. No problem with this on Windows ...
  • aaronhayes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing when I open Instagram app on Iphone X

I just got an iphone X and I’m a premium user. Today I opened instagram to check my profile and spotify just stopped playing. I literally tried everything but none of them worked. Is there anybody else having the same problem? Please help

• Casual Listener
  •     I just got an iphone X and I’m a premium user. Today I opened instagram to check my profile and spotify just stopped playing. I literally tried everything but none of them worked. Is th...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Problemas con inicio

Hola! Espero puedan reaolverme este priblema que tengo hace vario tiempo, resulta que nunca me ha salido nada en inicio del programa spotify siempre me sale “ha ocurrido un error”y el boton de intentar de nuevo

• Hola! Espero puedan reaolverme este priblema que tengo hace vario tiempo, resulta que nunca me ha salido nada en inicio del programa spotify siempre me sale “ha ocurrido un error” y el boton de inte...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cambiar canciones con pantalla bloqueada

Al bloquearse el teléfono quisiera cambiar las canciones y que saliera la carátula del disco en grande. Tengo un iPhone 6. Un primo tiene el mimos teléfono y le sale de esta forma; con las carátulas y las cambia deslizando. En mi caso solo sale opcio...

• Al bloquearse el teléfono quisiera cambiar las canciones y que saliera la carátula del disco en grande. Tengo un iPhone 6. Un primo tiene el mimos teléfono y le sale de esta forma; con las carátulas ...
  • titomilanesa
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes