Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong data after skipping track on VW discover media via bluetooth

Wrong data after skipping track on VW discover media via bluetooth

Hello,

I noticed that displayed data/info are wrong after skipping a track when I am connected via bluetooth to the Discover Media system in my VW. 

Basically, track data and info of the previous song remain displayed on the central screen and also in the dashboard. Then, with further skipping or when song ends and move to the next, data changes, but always remain related to the previous one.

No changes if the screen of the phone is locked or not or if Spotify is opened minimized or on the full screen.

Anyone noticed (and hopefully solved) the same issue? I'm using last relase of Spotify on App store.

Thanks,

Andrea

9 Replies

I started experiencing the same problem this week. Were you ever able to fix your issue?

Thanks! 

Hi,

I have EXACTLY the same problem. VW Scirocco with Discover Media.

It would be very nice to solve this ... it's a bit anoying.
And by the way if there is an option to display the CD cover also. (But it's not the main topic here)

Please help us to solve this issue !

Hey,

same problem with my VW Discover Media 2. Gen.. Using an Iphone 7.

Thanks,

Tobi

Hi, 

nice to see that I'm not the only one who has this problem! Since a couple weeks I have the same problem and it's really annoying. Do you think it comes from VW or Spotify? Hopefully someone could help us with this problem! 

Well I have this issue for a year and a half now, a solution would be great... I believe that Spotify let my entertainment system crash last week.

Has anybodyh seeen a solution to this.  I've had this happening on my 2016 GTI for the last three months. Happens with my podcast client as well.

Have the same problem with one plus 3 and be Tiguan 16. 

I am couple weeks into a new VW SportWagen and noticing this same problem. I have found that after hitting the skip track button quickly a few-several times in a row the track data aligns correctly with the song playing - unfortunately there is no working pattern here, sometimes two clicks works, sometimes it takes seven (and even if it does end up working, you probable skipped some good music. 

I also tested this out playing music from iTunes via Bluetooth connection and it worked perfectly, no data track delay problems - which leads me to believe it is a Spotify issue, not a VW issue.  

Same here, I use a One Plus 5 and drive a Golf 16. Also when I turn off the car, the song keeps playing in the cellphone speaker

Suggested posts