Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crackling/bad quality when playing wireless via bluetooth, not wired

Crackling/bad quality when playing wireless via bluetooth, not wired

Plan

Premium 

Device

Iphone 7

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I got my Beats Studio 3's last week. Was hyped to workout without a cable again, but when I listen to my music there is this crackling/bad sound quality present when the bass hits. Its like the headset are bad quality and cant play certain frequencies. (Please note, this does not happen when I have the Eq off, but with almost every preset in the equalizer the crackling appears, especially when the lower frequencies are higher). I plugged my beats to the iphone instead of using bluetooth, and the crackling/bad quality dissappear with the same eq presets.

So I have narrowed the problem down to wireless playing with spotify. I have done all the basics like, clean reinstall, forget and connect the bluetooth device, force startup of phone, messed around with settings in spotify, turned on offline mode and played the same songs. I have googled around and cant seem to find any solutions. 

Do you guys have any ideas?

5 Replies

Hey @ineedhelp900.

Thanks for reaching out to us - we'll be glad to help!

Have you tried enabling volume normalization in the Spotify app setting?

If you would rather not have the volume normalized, can you make sure that you don't have power-saving switched on and see if that changes anything?

Let us know how it goes!

I see the same issue with my Beatsx.

When using spotify on an Android Device where spotify is using the equalizer of Android it self, there is no such problem.

On iOS with the spotify internal Equalizer i run into the same issue on an iPhone and iPad.

With the Music App of Apple and the qualizer provided there, it also works fine.

This is late, but I am also experiencing the same issue with my Shanling MTW 100 TWS Earpieces. I had to turn off the Equaliser to avoid the cackling noise at certain frequencies.

Just turned off my Spotify equalizer and crackling is gone.   Months of diagnosis, not sure why I hadn’t tried this.  Thanks for the suggestion.  Music sounds tinny now (I like more bass), bet easier to tolerate than the crackle.   

I’m surprised this issue can’t be resolved otherwise.  Works great streaming through my PC devices with the equalizer.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Found on Android that if I turn on Dolby Atmos in my sound settings it goes away. I was having an issue with my wireless earbuds where one of them would make this horrible crackling noise at the same certain parts in songs.

Suggested posts