Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashes on iPod Touch

Crashes on iPod Touch

I love this music service, and enjoy it at the office and the gym.

However, the latest update is giving me problems.  I am using an iPod Touch, and just recently the app updated itself.  I thought nothing of it.  But lately the application has been crashing.  Here's the scenario:

1) I get to the gym and start an offline playlist on Shuffle.

2) About 6-7 songs in I'll listen continuosly and the iPod Touch will go black to conserve power.

3) I will want to skip ahead to another track so I press the Home button.

4) Spotify displays a song that was played 2-3 tracks ago.

5) I hit the Spotify skip track button, next to the pause button.

6) The app will either crash, or skip to the next song (and the sound will also skip)

7) In the event the app crashes, I need to restart Spotify and lose all my positioning within the playlist and have to start over.

That is the problem with my iPod Touch.  

Additionally, my PC client just updated.  I do not like the new layout.  It is almost pitch dark black, and the text is way too big.  I feel like it was designed for senior citizens or something.  Don't get me wrong, the PC client works fine, but it just isn't as visually appealing as it once was.

Those are my rants and raves.  If the iPod Touch bug is not fixed, I may not renew my membership.  The gym is supposed to be a happy place for me and when my music doesn't work I get very frustrated and don't have a good workout.

I hope that my feedback is useful.

2 Replies

What generation of iPod Touch is it (and what version of iOS is it using)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sorry I forgot to include that...

iPod Touch 4th generation.

iOS 6.1.6 (10B500)

Suggested posts