Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Freeze when changing tracks

Freeze when changing tracks

I just updated to the new spotify version released for iOs and when I try to skip a song, the app freezes. It skips to the next song with a ~4 second delay and the album cover also skips with the same delay. This is very annoying...

I have an iphone 5c and an iphone 5 and it happens on both. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks

6 Replies

Same problem here. Compared to the previous version, the 1.0 update is basically unusable.

Also screen freezes on last track played and doesn't update for awhile.

Same here, its too slow compared to the previous version, i love the new design but i hate the time it takes to respond. 

Besides, i dont like it when you go in again to the app, it no longer keeps playing the last song you listened to. 

The delay between songs is frustrating.

@cgerodelle wrote:

I just updated to the new spotify version released for iOs and when I try to skip a song, the app freezes. It skips to the next song with a ~4 second delay and the album cover also skips with the same delay. This is very annoying...

I have an iphone 5c and an iphone 5 and it happens on both. Any idea when this will be fixed?

Thanks

Several folks have posted solutions.  

1) Just restart the phone, which has helped some. 

2) Delete the Spotify app (instead of an upgrade) and download a fresh install of the new app.  While a little inconvenient, this option helped me with the freezing on skipped songs.  

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

A re-install and/or phone reboot fixes it for a while, then the problem of not being resonsive to user input returns after a few hours of use.  Any way you could enable users to go back to the prior 0.9 version until you guys release an update to fix these issues?

I had this issue 3-4 times on my home last night (hour journey), and it seemed to throw a wobbly with the track time bar jumping all over the place. 

anyway, got home and upgraded to v1.1.0.2549, on way into work this morning, no problem, other than a little slow to move the album art over (only when swiping)

> windsorl, check your version you may find its not installing this latest release? 

Vote for these... go on... you never know someone may be using the Kudos somewhere 🙂

Add a Queue Button Next to the Play Button
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Queue-Button-Next-to-the-Play-Button/idi-p/751477

Virgin Media Tivo Update
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/virgin-media-TiVo-app-out-of-date-and-not-meeting-potential/m-p/765453#M10930

Album Art – Tap for Menu
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-Touch-on-album-art-opens-the-menu-iOS/idc-p/766255#M47620

yes, i upgraded to v1.1 and the freeze problems have gone away.  Huge improvement, that app is now usable again.  Thanks Spotify for getting this bug fix release out.  Still no album art when in off-line mode, but this is only a cosmetic issue and i can live with it although I hope it will be fixed on the next update.

Suggested posts