Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! Volume control problem

Hi, I have Iphone 4s with 0.9.4.25 Spotify version, and Ipad 2 with same version of Spotify. I have free Premium account trial for 30 days, and I will continue to buy it. But there is one issue. When I am playing music from my iPad I see my iPad on m...

• Hi,   I have Iphone 4s with 0.9.4.25 Spotify version, and Ipad 2 with same version of Spotify. I have free Premium account trial for 30 days, and I will continue to buy it. But there is one ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends profile and playlist not loading

I don't know why but the playlist for someone I'm following won't load? They have informed me everything is OK at their end though they did have the same problem with mine a while back. How can I fix this?

• I don't know why but  the playlist for someone I'm following won't load? They have informed me everything is OK at their end though they did have the same problem with mine a while back. How can...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPhone 4s initializes after return from background process

DescriptionReturning from background process, Spotify re-initializes A more detailed description, using numbered steps1. Start Spotify2. Play something3. Stop play4. open some other App and keep Spotify in background5. Return to Spotify (e.g.. Stoppi...

• Regular
  • Description Returning from background process, Spotify re-initializes   A more detailed description, using numbered steps 1. Start Spotify 2. Play something 3. Stop play 4. ...
  • Thobbe
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume changes automatically

How do I stop my ipad from automatically increasing/decreasing the volume during playback? I've looked at other posts similar to this but the instructions are all to help with MAC/PC issues I can't find the equivalent instructions for the ipad. Thank...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I stop my ipad from automatically increasing/decreasing the volume during playback?  I've looked at other posts similar to this but the instructions are all to help with MAC/PC issues I c...
  • NTilston
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing after a few seconds

Had issues playing these songs via my iPhone. The song starts playing for about 30secs and says that the title cannot be played. There are no problems playing the same songs on my computer... These are the songs: 40 Day Dream by Edward Sharpe & The M...

• Had issues playing these songs via my iPhone. The song starts playing for about 30secs and says that the title cannot be played. There are no problems playing the same songs on my computer... &nb...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get Spotify for ios 4!?

I just bought spotify, I want it on my ipod touch! I have ios5.1.1 i read i need spotify for ios4. how do i get this? id ownload app but it says i need ios6.. help plz..

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought spotify, I want it on my ipod touch!   I have ios5.1.1 i read i need spotify for ios4.  how do i get this?  id ownload app but it says i need ios6.. help plz..
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to sort a playlist on ios by most recent song added?

Hey all, This is probably a basic question but it's driving me nuts - I usually like listening to playlists by most recent song added on the desktop version. But on the iOS app, I can't find the option to do this sorting. I'm assuming it exists - can...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   This is probably a basic question but it's driving me nuts - I usually like listening to playlists by most recent song added on the desktop version. But on the iOS app, I can't fi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

PC to iPhone Sync Without Downloading - Possible?

As everyone is aware, the Spotify iPhone app doesn't allow users to clear its cache (please give kudos to this request!!!). Currently, the only way to accomplish this is to remove and reinstall the app. Doing this will clear out the cache; however, i...

• Gig Goer
  • As everyone is aware, the Spotify iPhone app doesn't allow users to clear its cache (please give kudos to this request!!!).  Currently, the only way to accomplish this is to remove and reinstall...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't open spotify!

I can't login to spotify on my computer. I've reset and reset, no solution. Is there anyone that can possibly help me? I've checked my firewall, settings and nothing has changed. Lost......

• I can't login to spotify on my computer. I've reset and reset, no solution. Is there anyone that can possibly help me? I've checked my firewall, settings and nothing has changed. Lost......
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to press "OK" on "Couldn't Log In" message on iPad Mini

When I try to access Spotify (I have Premium) on my iPad Mini iOS 7.1, I get an error message (see attached screenshot) that states: "Couldn't Log In Unable to login, either username or password is incorrect. Have you signed up for a Spotify account?...

• Music Fan
  • When I try to access Spotify (I have Premium) on my iPad Mini iOS 7.1, I get an error message (see attached screenshot) that states:   "Couldn't Log In Unable to login, either username or ...
  • PetBearSounds
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Doesn't pick up where I left off

Seems to me that the iPhone mobile app (0.9.4.25) used to know what song I was playing and I could resume from there. Now when I leave the app for a length of time, it goes through what I imagine is logging me in (the three dots), where I can see wha...

• Regular
  • Seems to me that the iPhone mobile app (0.9.4.25) used to know what song I was playing and I could resume from there. Now when I leave the app for a length of time, it goes through what I imagine is ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

iPad 1 iOS 5.1.1 - Spotify no longer loads

Hi, I've seen numerous complaints about this but cant find a solution - please help. I have deleted and reinstalled Spotify on my Ipad 5.1.1 numerous times and although it proposes to offer me an earlier version which is compatible to my Ipad it star...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've seen numerous complaints about this but cant find a solution - please help.   I have deleted and reinstalled Spotify on my Ipad 5.1.1 numerous times and although it propo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

My friends' playlists no longer show up on my app anymore. Any solution ideas?

I've tried restarting my phone and logging out of Spotify, but I can't get my friends' playlists to show up anymore. Anyone else have this issue?

• I've tried restarting my phone and logging out of Spotify, but I can't get my friends' playlists to show up anymore. Anyone else have this issue?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Follow, Profile, Notifications not working

Hi, I have spotify premium and I use it on my i[hone, Ipad, mac and with the web player sometimes. I realized today that I cannot go to my profile ( "Something went wrong " on Iphone, blank content on MAC and WEbplayer. Also, notifcations does not ap...

fes.jpg
  • Hi,   I have spotify premium and I use it on my i[hone, Ipad, mac and with the web player sometimes. I realized today that I cannot go to my profile ( "Something went wrong " on Iphone, blan...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I am unable to view my profile from my iPhone. How can I fix this?

I mainly use spotify on my iPhone, and recently I have been unable to view my profile. I have tried a clean reinstallation multiple times, but it has not helped. When I try to go to my profile, it shows that it is constantly loading, but nothing ever...

• I mainly use spotify on my iPhone, and recently I have been unable to view my profile. I have tried a clean reinstallation multiple times, but it has not helped. When I try to go to my profile, it sh...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SPOTIFY CAN'T GO ONLINE/ WONT LET ME LOG INTO MY i5

SPOTIFY CAN'T GO ONLINE/ WONT LET ME LOG INTO MY PHONE. MY ACCOUNT IS CURRENT AND PAID, I CAN LOG IN FROM DESKTOP COMPUTERS BUT I CANNOT LOG IN VIA SPOTIFY APP ON I 5. I OPEN THE APP AND IT DISPLAYS A "WELCOME" PAGE AFTER IT STATES "CANNOT ACCESS OFF...

• Visitor
  • SPOTIFY CAN'T GO ONLINE/ WONT LET ME LOG INTO MY PHONE. MY ACCOUNT IS CURRENT AND PAID, I CAN LOG IN FROM DESKTOP COMPUTERS BUT I CANNOT LOG IN VIA SPOTIFY APP ON I 5. I OPEN THE APP AND IT DISPL...
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

My Profile not loading and Friends Cannot find me

I have Spotify Premium and am using it on ipad and iphone 5S. When I go to my profile page is just keeps spinning and spinning and my friend scannot find me by using my Facebook information. I have tried a clean re-install of Spotify on my device to ...

• I have Spotify Premium and am using it on ipad and iphone 5S.  When I go to my profile page is just keeps spinning and spinning and my friend scannot find me by using my Facebook information. &n...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops downloading after some songs.

Hi Support / Community! For some days now im finally a Spotify-Premium member. But i keep getting a problem if i want to download the music on my ipod touch 5g . AFter downloading some songs it stops download and it says that its outstanding. I made ...

ipodspotify.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Hi Support / Community! For some days now im finally a Spotify-Premium member. But i keep getting a problem if i want to download the music on my ipod touch 5g . AFter downloading some songs it...
  • ldadmirer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local FIles - local file substituted from local file to unwanted version

I'm trying to sync a local file to my iPhone from my Mac but it gets substituted with another version of the song on the iPhone. Both the name of the song and the main artist have changed - from a studio recording with the songwriter to a live record...

• Casual Listener
  •   I'm trying to sync a local file to my iPhone from my Mac but it gets substituted with another version of the song on the iPhone. Both the name of the song and the main artist have changed - ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS app search not updated to instant search

I've noticed that my friends' with the iOS app have the new instant search feature which is infinitely better than the old search, yet my phone won't update. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no success. Is there anything I can do to ...

• I've noticed that my friends' with the iOS app have the new instant search feature which is infinitely better than the old search, yet my phone won't update. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes