Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crashing every time without fail on iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone (desktop is fine)

Crashing every time without fail on iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone (desktop is fine)

Description

Spotify had been getting les stable and more buggy (e.g. fails to load cache or reloads playlists multiple times, taking ages) for months on iOs clients, but now freezes then crashes completely every time on iPad, iPhon and Windows Phone 8. The UI is completely frozen upon startup in iOS so I cannot access settings or anything before it crashes. On WP8 it is responsive for a few seconds but then crashes.

I have tried reinstlling on all clients with no difference at all.

I am guessing it's something to do with my account rather than the apps themselves, as it affects all these 3 platforms. I have quite a lot if playlists but i'm sure many users have more.

Need this fixed REALLY soon or i am gone.

I have used spotify since launch in the UK and used to love it, but no way i'm paying if i can't us on mobile.

thanks

A more detailed description, using numbered steps

1. Just open the app

What actually happened

Completely frozen then crashes

My iPad/iPhone model

iPad 2, iPhone 5, both running iOS 6

Is your device jailbroken?

No

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

about 1000 playlists i think (cannot find a count anywhere)

i have tried to sync about 900 traks for offline use on the iPad; none are synced on iPhone or WP8 

My mobile Spotify version

cannot tell  

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My provider and country

UK

My username

willemaster

1 Reply

Hi,

This may be caused by the fact you have 1000 playlists, if your device is running slowly, trying to load and siaply 1000 playlists is very CPU intensive. You could try going onto Spotify for PC/Mac and combining some playlists so you have less, and then seeing what happens. Make sure you don't have too may apps running in the background (To close background apps, double tap the home button, press and hold on an app, then press the '-' button in the corner of the app square).

Please make sure that your iDevice is running iOS 6.1.3. To find out if your spotify is up to date on your iDevice, please go to the App store, and click the 'updates' button; if there is an update available for Spotify, it will display. Once you've ran the updates if necessary, you can determine the version by searching for spotify in the app store, tapping on it, and then in the update information it will display the version.

This shouldn't be due to your account, as if your account had a problem it would display an error message, not crash. Does Spotify work fine on your PC/Mac?

Feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do to help 🙂

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts