Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Crawling download speed on iOS

Solved!

Crawling download speed on iOS

Family Plan, Mexico, iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 12.1.4

After coming back from free account, all my library was seemingly erased from my device (2000+ songs, even though app storage usage was above 3 GB), so I set it to re-download all my music. Download speed has been SSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW since.

Signed out, signed back in, deleted and reinstalled the app (thrice now), changed Wi-Fi networks, changed song quality, IT IS STILL CRAAAWLLLLINNNG SLOOOOW!! I really CAN'T believe it. Even my other family members (on Android Devices) have already downloaded ALL their library (seems the app only somehow revalidated cache so the process was super fast) but me. Three days after last reinstall app's only downloaded less than a hundred songs and every time the device goes to sleep (even being charging and on Wi-Fi) the download interrupts.

PLEASE HELP! This is driving me nuts as I listen a lot on offline!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well... it seemed the download speed was the fastest I was going to get, god knows why. Can't say for sure, but I've the impression download speed has gotten a little worse over time.

During three or four days I connected my phone to the Mac I use at work while sharing Internet (3+ times faster than at home) to the phone via USB cable, leaving the app on the foreground and listening to some music on the computer. That way, the phone didn't autolock and the app kept downloading my library. Also, turned down the quality from Extreme to High (my whole library as of now uses a little above 17GB).

I hope not to have to go through this process again anytime soon; it's a pain not to be able to listen to your music right away when far from Wi-Fi.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Hey @impatientuser, welcome to the Community.
Hope you're doing great!

Could you try disabling Auto Lock in iOS Settings app?

Leave the phone overnight to download the songs and possibly near the router, 2000 songs are quite a lot, that's amazing!

Hope it helps 🙂

Marked as solution

Well... it seemed the download speed was the fastest I was going to get, god knows why. Can't say for sure, but I've the impression download speed has gotten a little worse over time.

During three or four days I connected my phone to the Mac I use at work while sharing Internet (3+ times faster than at home) to the phone via USB cable, leaving the app on the foreground and listening to some music on the computer. That way, the phone didn't autolock and the app kept downloading my library. Also, turned down the quality from Extreme to High (my whole library as of now uses a little above 17GB).

I hope not to have to go through this process again anytime soon; it's a pain not to be able to listen to your music right away when far from Wi-Fi.

Suggested posts