iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and SmartCast

I have a question for anyone. Is anyone else having a problem where in the smartcast Vizio app it shows Spotify as a castable app. But when you click on the app and it opens Spotify, your Tv/or speaker doesn’t show up as a device to select from?

• I have a question for anyone. Is anyone else having a problem where in the smartcast Vizio app it shows Spotify as a castable app. But when you click on the app and it opens Spotify, your Tv/or speak...
  • myMarcio
  • Regular
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 10 likes

cant listen offline with Premium

Hi, i upgraded my acc to premium already but somehow i still cant listen offline although i have already downloaded and followed the playlist. Please help me out. Thank you.

• Hi, i upgraded my acc to premium already but somehow i still cant listen offline although i have already downloaded and followed the playlist. Please help me out. Thank you. 
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Extreme heat and battery drain after latest update

iPhone SE, latest iOS, latest app, nothing else running. Happens after the latest update!

• iPhone SE, latest iOS, latest app, nothing else running. Happens after the latest update!
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify login error Cannot connect to Spotify (8)

I could only find a older locked thread regarding this error, but I have seemed to have found a workaround for this error. I have been getting an error "Spotify login error Cannot connect to Spotify (8)" when using Djay Pro app with my iPhone on T-Mo...

• I could only find a older locked thread regarding this error, but I have seemed to have found a workaround for this error.  I have been getting an error "Spotify login error Cannot connect to Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone X battery drain and heat

Battery is draining insanely fast and phone hit 105 degrees Fahrenheit while I’m charger. No issue with Apple Music streaming. iphone X and latest update from App Store.

• Gig Goer
  • Battery is draining insanely fast and phone hit 105 degrees Fahrenheit while I’m charger. No issue with Apple Music streaming.   iphone X and latest update from App Store.
  • Loxer
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Change User on Iphone

Hi,First post, I have just set up premium. I went to the website and logged in using my email. I had to reset the password. I then selected premium and set up my payment details. Then I went to my Iphone and found I was still on free. I checked the u...

• Hi, First post, I have just set up premium. I went to the website and logged in using my email. I had to reset the password. I then selected premium and set up my payment details. Then I went to my ...
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

YBN Cordae’s music is gone

I listened to YBN Cordae’s music for a few days and when I went to search for him again, his profile was no longer available along with his music

• I listened to YBN Cordae’s music for a few days and when I went to search for him again, his profile was no longer available along with his music 
  • duke6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My friends cannon see my activity

Hi. for about 7 days my friend cannot see my activity. "publish my activity" setting is on, so I can see my friends activity but they can't see mine. I deleted the app, refreshed it, etc. but no result.. any advice?? It’s soo annoying

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. for about 7 days my friend cannot see my activity. "publish my activity" setting is on, so I can see my friends activity but they can't see mine. I deleted the app, refreshed ...
  • estebanGramaj0
  • Gig Goer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS Error Code: "Login Failed, Error: 9"

My mother is having problems with her Spotify. When she has WiFi connectivity, she has no problems. But when she goes to LTE, Spotify will either say she needs to log in, stop playing in the middle of a song and say she needs to log in, or not allow ...

Image-1.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • My mother is having problems with her Spotify. When she has WiFi connectivity, she has no problems. But when she goes to LTE, Spotify will either say she needs to log in, stop playing in the middle o...
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Strange albums showing up in library history

There has been some weird albums showing up in my history, I don’t think my account has been hacked, but I would like to know why these albums are here and what can’t be done about them, bearing in mind I have never listened to them ever normally, I ...

ACCE0983-54D7-4FF6-8DEB-B7E77D003BD6.png
  • Casual Listener
  • There has been some weird albums showing up in my history, I don’t think my account has been hacked, but I would like to know why these albums are here and what can’t be done about them, bearing in m...
  • DanT2014
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Remove from playlist function missing in ios

My #1 complaint about Spotify has been that it's so difficult to remove a song from a playlist. The longer the playlist, the harder the needle-in-a-haystack process of finding the song to remove it. Last night I discoverd that my girlfriend has the m...

• Casual Listener
  • My #1 complaint about Spotify has been that it's so difficult to remove a song from a playlist. The longer the playlist, the harder the needle-in-a-haystack process of finding the song to remove it. ...
  • bocraw70
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify frequently pauses, etc. when playing on sonos

Why does my spotify always pause, skip songs, play only 2 minutes into a song, etc. when playing on a sonos speaker from iPhone? All apps are updated to current systems. So frustrating!

• Why does my spotify always pause, skip songs, play only 2 minutes into a song, etc. when playing on a sonos speaker from iPhone?  All apps are updated to current systems.  So frustrating!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS Spotify update = TERRIBLE

- I can't view my own profile anymore- I can't search up friends on the update- I follow friend's playlists because I can't even access their profiles- I can't edit my playlists anymore- I can't see which songs are a part of the playlists= basically ...

• Casual Listener
  • - I can't view my own profile anymore - I can't search up friends on the update - I follow friend's playlists because I can't even access their profiles - I can't edit my playlists anymore - I ca...
  • adamstifuk
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 19 likes

Battery drain in iPhone 8, 8.4.52.796

Good morning,Since the last update of Spotify, the battery runs out quickly, between 3 or 4 times faster.Thanks and regards.

• Good morning, Since the last update of Spotify, the battery runs out quickly, between 3 or 4 times faster. Thanks and regards. 
  • X_Frontil
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

PlaylIst and music disappeared.

I am a premium member and all but 4 playlists have disappeared from devices and even when online. Most music that was there is also gone. I’m using iphone 7 with latest iOS and Spotify update.

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium member and all but 4 playlists have disappeared from devices and even when online. Most music that was there is also gone. I’m using iphone 7 with latest iOS and Spotify update. 
  • osmang
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix unavailable

I've used this Spotify account since 25/04/18 and subscribed to Premium on 01/05/18. Since then, my Daily Mixes have disappeared and are unavailable if I search for them. My Daily Mixes were available everyday before I subscribed to Premium, so I don...

• Casual Listener
  • I've used this Spotify account since 25/04/18 and subscribed to Premium on 01/05/18. Since then, my Daily Mixes have disappeared and are un available if I search for them.   My Daily Mixes we...
  • JackBeau
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify playing wrong song from album

Hello,I've been listening to In Our Bones by Against The Current, and found some acoustic songs on YouTube. I've downloaded them on my pc and put them in a playlist in Spotify on my phone, but now when I want to play Chasing Ghosts from the album (no...

• Music Fan
  • Hello, I've been listening to In Our Bones by Against The Current, and found some acoustic songs on YouTube. I've downloaded them on my pc and put them in a playlist in Spotify on my phone, but...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Multiple Bowers and Wilkins speakers on Airplay IOS

I use a Bowers and Wilkings A5 to play Spotify via Airplay. I am thinking of buying another for the kitchen and assumed I could play through both speakers and toggle one or the other off/on like on Sonos. Bowers and Wilkins have informed me this is n...

• I use a Bowers and Wilkings A5 to play Spotify via Airplay.   I am thinking of buying another for the kitchen and assumed I could play through both speakers and toggle one or the other off/on ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes