Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delay with Spotify Connect

Delay with Spotify Connect

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

iPhone SE2

Operating System

iOS 15.0.2

My Question or Issue

There is a 10 Second delay bethween my app on the iPhone and my Spotify Connect endpoint (Cambridge Audio CXN). Theres allso lag with my LG WebOS Spotify-app, and sometimes it even freezes.

problem occurs with all of our familys iPhones, not just mine.

ive tried to reset all to factory settings, have reinstalled everything and still the same 10s lag.

Theres a Link to the issue in YouTube:

https://youtu.be/Ju3MENGYtyI

10 Replies

Hey @eCu-,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your devices? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It's also a good idea to check if you observe the same delay when all devices are connected to a different network. A mobile hotspot is usually a convenient way to test this. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have exactly the same problem, I have reinstalled the app but it doesn’t help. 

Hey @Arthur81,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

In this case, we'd like to gather all possible info. Can you let us know the exact make/model of your device along with the Spotify version you use?

On another note, is this happening on another mobile device? It’d be awesome if you could check. You can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account and check.

Additionally, is this happening if you log in to a different account? You can create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there.

Finally, is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? Give it a try and let us know how it goes. 

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Sorry for the late response, I haven’t see your response, I have tried from my wife iPhone to with free account but is the same problem. 
My receiver is a denon AVR-x1400h, ( it’s connected to internet with cable, I have tried over wifi but same problem)Spotify ver. 8.7.62.409 , latest iOS version. 
this problem first appeared approx 3-4 months ago , before works perfectly 

Hey @Arthur81,

Thank you for your response and for the info shared.

We noticed you replied in another post as well. We'll be responding just in this one so we can avoid confusion 🙂

This is something that, most likely, has to do with how your receiver model interacts with our API. We provide an API to the manufacturer, so we don't have full control over how the app behaves on their devices. This could happen due to multiple factors; nevertheless, it’s always a good idea to make sure both the firmware of your receiver and the app on your cellphone are up-to-date.

We really appreciate the time you took to send us those details. Your feedback is important to us; we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator

Hello, I have latest firmware updates on my phone and Receiver, I have spoken to denon to but they can’t help me :(. Nobody knows how to fix this bug.  Thank you 

I think that this bug appeared after an update on my receiver, I have before problems on other devices after firmware updates and I said to me that I will never make updates if the device works ok, but I didn’t stick to that decision:(, my fault 🤦‍♀️

We have the same issue with a marantz receiver and multiple denon home speakers. 

Same problem with anthem mrx1120, this was a non issue untill recently 

I have this issue on my bluesound powernode.

Spotify version 8.8.14.575, Bluos 3.20.45

Suggested posts