Premium

Country

uk

Device

iPhone x

Operating System

iOS 13.1.3

My Question or Issue

Ok don’t laugh but I’m still using a really old macbook (Running snow leopard so version no longer supported by spotify) to upload local files as I need to add tracks on to my playlists from CD. I updated Spotify on my phone and lo and behold, quite a lot of local files randomly dropped out of my playlists but they are still on my desktop player. The desktop player no longer recognises my iphone when online even though its on the same wifi network so its impossible to resync. Fitness instructing is my job and now I’ve resorted to using an old phone to teach my classes. Not ideal and I would love to go back to the previous version as downloading local files onto my iphone worked like clockwork before. Please help! 

3 Replies

Turn on local files option in settings. 

I did this and while the desktop app recognises iphone online, local files still missing and not downloading. Have updated iphone app again and no luck.

Hey @emmakins888,

Thnaks for searching for the answer you need here.

Note that because you're running Spotify on an operating system that is not officially supportted, issues with the app and importing local files are expected behaviour. Currently the minimum requirements for Mac are OS X 10.10 or above. It's a good idea to use another desktop device to import the tracks from your CD's. You should be able to do this using the steps here, provided your files are in a supported format and from an official source. 

Keep in mind also that Spotify is intended for private, non-commercial use only. If you'd like to continue using it in your classes, maybe Spotify for Brands could be a good solution for you.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts