Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable "New Releases From"

Disable "New Releases From"

I am a Premium user and on my iPhone the very top of the screen is always taken up by a "New Releases From: XXX" where XXX = some random artist I don't know/follow".  I don't follow anyone and I don't want a part of my small screen taken up by unwanted spam. Spotify seems to be trying to ram things down user's throats (Note their recent obsession with podcasts).

How do I disable this "feature"? Thanks

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

6 Replies

Hey @greekgoddj,

Thank you for your post and feedback here in the Community.

There's currently no option for this. We suggest you head over to this idea - [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I agree so much this is so annoying 

That’s advertising, not sure why if we are paying for premium ads free I’m still seeing your ads. I’m pretty sure Spotify is getting paid to show all the users those New Release suggestions. Shall we get a discount every time we still see ads in our premium accounts?

Please put that option in the app we beg. If we're using Premium, don't shove other artiste's music down our throats. Even artistes we've blocked still appear there. Please do something about it 

Definitely agree with this. I just got an ad on a new release from Sia which I don't care about at all.

Please allow users to avoid "popular new releases". It's really upsetting that many of these new releases have inappropriate and explicit album covers. I would not want to see these even if they had clean album covers since many of them are irrelevant to music I listen to, but I especially do not want to see those that have explicit content. The fact that I open Spotify and the first thing I see is an explicit image is ridiculous and needs to be corrected as soon as possible. Other recommendations with explicit content, like podcasts, have also been shown on my home page. There are so many things I like about Spotify and I've been a long time premium user, but these issues are unacceptable and its really discouraging that many others are exposed to these things, especially children who use the app.

Suggested posts