Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disappearing Albums

Solved!

Disappearing Albums

Specifically 'the promise' by Bruce Springsteen has disappeared after the recent Spotify update. I am assuming there has been an update beacuse all of my downloaded content became unavailable and had to be reaquired. The album cover shows but the tracks are greyed out. I thought to delete and reinstall the album but a search of Spotify

doesnt find it. Has it been delisted?

I am using 64gb IPhone SE IOS 10.3.3

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Spyboy, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify. While it might be a good idea to contact the artist or label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also fill out this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest. You might also be interested in supporting this idea, which suggests a simpler method for requesting albums missing from Spotify.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy listening 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Spyboy, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify. While it might be a good idea to contact the artist or label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also fill out this form to let Spotify staff know of your interest. You might also be interested in supporting this idea, which suggests a simpler method for requesting albums missing from Spotify.

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy listening 🙂

This is really weird. Following with Bruce Springsteen... only the albums I had selected had disappeared but those I did not have are still accessible... Darkness On the Edge of Town (1978) missing, then The River (1980) available, and Nebraska (1982) missing too.... That's not the artist nor the record company, it has something to do with Spotify not working right.

Well. After updating, which didn't solve the issue I eventually had to uninstall and start from scratch, and that solved the problem. (This happened on my PC)

Thanks andresillanes

I will try that and see if it works for me as well.

Regards

Spyboy

Suggested posts