Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconecting headphones pauses spotify on desktop

Solved!

Disconecting headphones pauses spotify on desktop

Hi, today I've noticed a curious bug. I came to work with Spotify playing to my AirPods. I've opened the desktop computer, launches Spotify there, on the dekstop app switched the device to desktop and then I've took the AirPods from my ears. This causes the music to stop. It's not a big deal, but I thing this is simple issue of iOS app, which should check the device you are playing from before pausing the music. The fix should be simple.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Start playing music in Spotify app on iOS device with your headphones connected

2) Open the desktop app

3) Switch the playing device in desktop app with the "PC/phone" icon in right bottom corner

4) Disconnect the headphones from your iOS device

Expected result:

The music should keep playing on desktop app.

Actual result:

The music pauses on desktop app.

Plan

Premium

Country

Czechia

Device

iPhone SE, MacBook Pro 13' early 2015

Operating System

iOS 13.1.2, macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Spotify app

iOS 8.5.25.760, macOS 1.1.16.522.g55a4b852

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @andrewvaca, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's the expected behaviour because the iOS app serves as a remote control, so if you pause there it will pause. Learn more here.

I don't have AirPods so I can't test that exactly, but could try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

Also, try updating to macOS Catalina 10.15 as it was released yesterday.

Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @andrewvaca, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

That's the expected behaviour because the iOS app serves as a remote control, so if you pause there it will pause. Learn more here.

I don't have AirPods so I can't test that exactly, but could try a quick clean reinstall of the app? Just follow these steps.

Also, try updating to macOS Catalina 10.15 as it was released yesterday.

Thanks 🙂

Thanks, I've reinstall both apps and the bug is gone 🙂 Now it correctly pauses the music only when it's playing from mobile device.

Suggested posts