Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect Cross-Platform Volume Control

Disconnect Cross-Platform Volume Control

I am running Spotify Premium on an iPhone 11 Pro (14.2) and a Macbook Pro (10.15.7)

The volume setting within the desktop app is changing the volume on my phone, in all apps, not just within Spotify. If I turn the volume to max within Spotify(mac), it overrides the volume settings on my phone. When I lower the volume on apps, it then lowers the volume on the desktop version of Spotify. I do not want this.

How do I disconnect volume control? I'm at the point where I'm considering deleting the app from my phone.

28 Replies

try this cause this helped me:

Start Spotify App

Click on settings on the homepage
Click on "Devices"

You should be able to turn off two functions, the first one is "show only local devices" and the second one is "lock screen for devices"

Turn off "lock screen for devices" if its already turned off try and turn it on and restart spotify then do the same procedures and turn it off this time then restart spotify.

This solved by issue and I hope it helps you too. 🙂

Seems like that's worked... thanks so much!!

I'm having this same issue. It occurs after a complete reinstall of the app, when I have the lock screen control setting off, and when the app is not running AT ALL on my phone. This is a security issue - your desktop app is changing the volume on my phone even when spotify is not running at all. Please just send this to a senior dev to fix.

Hi there @laachterhof,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have the same issue. Even if I close the Spotify app on my phone, after a few minutes, the volume goes back up. Very frustrating. 

Hi there @imnotskippy

Thanks for reaching out about this.

This issue was already reported in this thread and in turn, we've passed it to the teams in charge who are currently looking into it.

For now, please make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in that thread. You can add it in the comments there so we can forward it to the team in charge. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I've seen this issue too.  I personally don't want to change the volume of the device I am connected to from my iPhone.  In my case, I always have volume control on the device I am connected too, and I usually want to leave it at the volume I have set.  Also, this feature interferes with my ability to change the volume output of my phone while I am using other apps at the same time.  If I'm watching a youtube video while listening to spotify on my stereo, I don't want to pause or stop the music, or change the music volume, I just want to watch the video using my device speakers.  All I really want is better queue control for my music, playlist control, and search that doesn't auto load music from an artist simply because I played one song from that artist and my queue has emptied.

Still having same issue in Nov 2022. ridiculously annoyinfg

It's October 2023 and the issue still there. Spotify care doesn't care

Suggested posts