Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify only work with IPOD Touch

Does Spotify only work with IPOD Touch

I had a playlist of something like 20 some thousand on my Spotify App and it started freezing. I have since tried to sync my ipod with Spofity so i could listen to all the songs as mp3s on my ipod. I synced the Ipod and all it did was erase everything that was on my ipod. When i have the device synced it shows everything on Spotify as being on the ipod but nothing is there, does Spotify only work with the ipod touch?

7 Replies

It also says local files only snyced on some of the playlists but i dont have any local files. How do i add my playlists to my local files?

Hey 🙂 

It depends on what type of iPod you are using. 

If you are using an iPod touch, as you know, you can install the Spotify app and access your Spotify playlists that way.

If its an iPod classic/nano/shuffle then Spotify can only be used to sync local files that you own to the iPod, not music from Spotify's online catalogue as those iPods do not support the Spotify app needed to decode the tracks. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So how do i get my playlists on to my ipod classic?

If you wanted to get your spotify playlists onto the ipod you would need to buy each track on the playlist and spotify would then be able to transfer the playlist over for you. Really there is very little difference between using spotify and itunes for ipod classics and nanos, you need to buy/own the music to transfer it to the device.

Peter

Peter

So i should just cancel Spotify and go back to buying from Itunes?

That is your choice 😉
Personally I love the service Spotify provide, I stream using my BlackBerry most of the time, but I still buy music I like for listening on my iPod nano, I normally buy tracks from Spotify or albums from amazon again that's your choice of vendor!

Peter

Peter

They should really think about a download option for people that dont want to eat up their data on there phone that or either make the app work for people that have over 20 thousand playlists. 

Suggested posts