Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify prefer sync'd tracks over streaming even when connected to a network?

Solved!

Does Spotify prefer sync'd tracks over streaming even when connected to a network?

Disclaimer: I am posting here because I use the iOS version of Spotify and it didn't seem like there was a general FAQ forum.

So I am curious. I don't let Spotify use my cellular network so that I can keep my data down. Instead I simply sync my favourite playlists when I have a connection so I can listen to them everywhere. But lately I've been lamenting that Spotify doesn't seem to scrobble my played tracks while it is in offline mode, which makes sense. So I was curious, if I have sync'd tracks, and play them while ALSO being connected to the internet, will Spotify play them from my phone, or will it still attempt to stream them anyways?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify *should* always prefer the local cached/downloaded copy and in my experience it does. However, there are a small number of reports dotted around that say it doesn't work.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify *should* always prefer the local cached/downloaded copy and in my experience it does. However, there are a small number of reports dotted around that say it doesn't work.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, well I guess I should just run some tests myself to see how it works for me.  And possibly make a report if not.  Thanks for the response.

Suggested posts