Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify use Verizon data if I sync my playlists on WIFI and ONLY listen in offline mode?

Does Spotify use Verizon data if I sync my playlists on WIFI and ONLY listen in offline mode?

I am kind of confused and have not been able to find an answer to my question. I have an iPhone 5 with Verizon and don't have unlimited data per month, i have the smallest data plan. My question is, if I download all my music onto playlists and then sync them to offline mode all on WIFI, then listen to them in my car in OFFLINE MODE only and stuff, will that use any data? I do not use streaming or anything and will only be on spotify in OFFLINE MODE unless I am connected to wifi at my house. Will that use data?

3 Replies

Shouldn't do 🙂 

Just be sure to force the app into offline mode from the settings menu.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So for clarification, it will not use any data listening to playlists in offline mode? If you could go into further detail I would be happy to give you the solution to my question.

if you sync your music offline and then put on offline mode, you will not use any Data. if you do not have it in offline mode it will use data.

Suggested posts