Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does a playlist downloaded to an apple watch sync with the spotify app?

Solved!

Does a playlist downloaded to an apple watch sync with the spotify app?

For example, if I download a playlist to my apple watch but then later add another song to that playlist through the spotify app, will my watch auto download the new song? Or do I have to delete the whole playlist from my apple watch and re-download to get the new song? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

When you're connected to an active internet connection, the app should recognize that you added a certain song to a playlist that you previously downloaded on your Apple Watch. It'll download the new song automatically, so you don't have to do the process manually or download the playlist again.

Keep in mind that, in order for the app to download new songs you've added to a playlist you previously downloaded on a certain device, you need an active connection. If you turn off the option to download over cellular data and are not connected to a WiFi network, the app will not automatically download new songs. If you want, you can activate this option in your account's settings, but it's possible you'll need to restart the watch in order for the changes to be saved.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome. 

When you're connected to an active internet connection, the app should recognize that you added a certain song to a playlist that you previously downloaded on your Apple Watch. It'll download the new song automatically, so you don't have to do the process manually or download the playlist again.

Keep in mind that, in order for the app to download new songs you've added to a playlist you previously downloaded on a certain device, you need an active connection. If you turn off the option to download over cellular data and are not connected to a WiFi network, the app will not automatically download new songs. If you want, you can activate this option in your account's settings, but it's possible you'll need to restart the watch in order for the changes to be saved.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts