Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Don't see Chromecast in my device list

Solved!

Don't see Chromecast in my device list

According to this page - https://www.spotify.com/us/chromecast/

Spotify users should be able to cast music from native Spotify mobile app (iOS), but I don't see my Chromecast pop up on my available device list. I only see my AirPlay available. I tried on both iPad and iPhone, also tried reboot iPhone and Chromecast, still don't work. Could someone help me with this issue?

Much appreciated! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For people with the first generation Chromecast, the firmware update is now rolling out. Try restarting your Chromecast to get Spotify support.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Same here. Are we waiting on an update?

it says here that "...this only works on the new version of the Chromecast...

=(

@mavis200163 @user-removed @Jong1

If you have the first Chromecast that came out, you will have to wait for Google to release a firmware update so that is becomes compatible with Spotify.

I heard that the firmware update will take a few weeks to finish rollout. So hopefully by the end of October you will be able to use Spotify with your Chromecast. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I'm running a first-gen chromecast, and I now have the new chromecast update (1.16.44433, the same as what is on the new chromecast). I also have spotify running on ios or on mac osx, both updated to the newest versions (ios just updated to the version that came out 10/20/2015) and still there is no spotify-chromecast interconnectivity. In spotify, there is no option to cast to the chromecast. Why, since I have the same chromecast firmware as what is running on the new chromecast, am I still not able to cast from spotify?

If we need to wait for another spotify ios update, how long will that take? What exactly (or even ball-park) does 'a while' or 'soon' mean?

I have been waiting for so long for this, I'm just excited!

It's all working here. Chromecast shows up in the same list as Spotify Connect - not even hidden in a 2nd level menu like AirPlay. Looks really good too. Maybe try restarting everything.

Marked as solution

For people with the first generation Chromecast, the firmware update is now rolling out. Try restarting your Chromecast to get Spotify support.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Oh man! I restarted my iphone and the chromecast (unplugged, plugged back in the power) and now it's SHOWING UP in the spotify app! Whoo hoo!! Thanks 🙂

Glad to hear! You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

I had the same problem, but if you haven't tried this, then just try to play a song and then connect to the chrome cast. That's what I did, and all of a sudden, it worked... I tried everything else before that, but nothing worked. So just start any song on your Spotify and then connect to the chrome cast. I have no idea if it'll work for others, but I thought I could as well share it.

Suggested posts