Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Downloading local files

Downloading local files

Plan

premium

Country

uk

Device

Iphonex

Operating System

Mac os sierra

My Question or Issue

so I have some local only files on my mac spotify app and they are in a playlist. They play on the Mac fine

I had an iPhone 7 plus and posted earlier this week as it appeared that the playlists were not appearing on my iPhone. I was told to ensure the downloaded switch was set on the phone. I did that and the files downloaded after about 5 mins.

I switched to an iPhone x today and reinstalled spotify on the iPhone x. The playlists are present and the download switch is set but the files aren't downloading and it has been a few hours. What might I have missed.

1 Reply

so it has been a few days now with no replies. HOwever, i found that the files downloaded in bursts. I.e. if i closed the spotify app on the phone and then re opened it, downloading would commence but moving to a different part of the app (i.e. search), stopped the downloading

I then had to close and kill the app, restart and more downloading would happen. 

If i closed the iphone downloading would stop. It seems that i have to open the app, leave it open and leave it to finish downloading completely. 

After that, everything has been hunky dory!!!

Suggested posts