Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads have gray arrow

Downloads have gray arrow

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Iphone XR

Operating System

iOS 12.4.1

My Question or Issue

I am subscribed to several different playlists which I download at home over wifi.  I make sure all the downloads complete. 

However, when I go out and about, the playlists have a gray arrow beside them, even though I've supposedly downloaded them.  I've checked the dates on when the playlists were last updated, and some are over a month old.

The places when I listen to these playlists have terrible reception (work, a park, etc) so I cannot re-download them over LTE.  I get 3G service if anything at all.  

I have deleted and reinstalled the app.  Resubscribed to the playlists, but that didn't resolve it.  Can anyone advise?

Thanks

IMG_6147.jpg
2 Replies

Hey @rileyb76, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

It could be because some songs might have been removed from Spotify.

To reveal those just go to Settings > Playback and turn off the 'Hide Unplayable Songs' option.

Hope it helps 🙂

I have this EXACT same issue. It's always the same playlists and the same songs, which appear to be downloaded when I reconnect to wifi. Because they do eventually show up (for a few hours), I don't think it's that they've been removed from Spotify. But you aren't the only one having this remarkably annoying issue.

Suggested posts