Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

New update is trash

Want to add my voice to the many, many users that don’t like the new update. Taking away a specific songs page with a scrolling alphabet bar is awful. Same goes for having to follow an artist for them to show up in your artist tab. Any album I have s...

• Want to add my voice to the many, many users that don’t like the new update. Taking away a specific songs page with a scrolling alphabet bar is awful. Same goes for having to follow an artist for the...
  • matthieusmit
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

Eq for apple air play

PlanPremiumCountryUsaDevice(iPhone , iPad mini, Operating System12.3 8.5.7.601 My Question or IssueBack in October of 2018 I’ve had issues with the eq function in conjunction with apple airplay. Works fine with the device I’m listing to until switchi...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Usa Device (iPhone , iPad mini,  Operating System 12.3   8.5.7.601   My Question or Issue Back in October of 2018 I’ve had issues with the eq function ...
  • tank022
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

New Update is annoying

PlanFree/PremiumCountryDenmarkDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueAfter the most recent update, I've come to notice that the "Liked Songs" is constantly displayed in the top of my playlists, which it isn't on PC. This is very...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free/Premium Country Denmark Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue After the most recent update, I've come to notice that the "Liked Songs" is...
  • padellion
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

i cant play certain explicit songs?

so i’ve never experienced this only with these songs. whenever i try to play melanie martinez’s explicit songs from her crybaby album it won’t play? it just skips it. and i can’t download it either, i’ll click download and all the songs will download...

• so i’ve never experienced this only with these songs. whenever i try to play melanie martinez’s explicit songs from her crybaby album it won’t play? it just skips it. and i can’t download it either, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can no longer see how many tracks are on my playListslists

I have always been able to see how many tracks in my playlists now info is not there anymore.. replaced with my full name after every playlist:like i do not know my name!!! Bring back the number of tracks below the playlists.. who came up with the st...

• Casual Listener
  • I have always been able to see how many tracks in my playlists now info is not there anymore.. replaced with my full name after every playlist: like i do not know my name!!!  Bring back the nu...
  • LedWars
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

What happened to my curated downloads??

Premium Family, USAiPhone SE I had downloaded lots of albums, and deleted selected songs from those albums I didn't want to keep so that I could listen to the albums anytime without the songs I didn't want. But all of a sudden all of the songs I had ...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium Family, USA iPhone SE   I had downloaded lots of albums, and deleted selected songs from those albums I didn't want to keep so that I could listen to the albums anytime without the so...
  • Deadjim
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Update ruined my library

PlanPremiumDevice(iPhone XS)Operating System(iOS 10, Windows 7) My Question or IssueSince the new update I'm having really hard time listening to music like I used to. The new "Songs"/"Liked songs" is really weird and not functional like it used to b...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Device (iPhone XS) Operating System (iOS 10, Windows 7)   My Question or Issue Since the new update I'm having really hard time listening to music like I used to. The new "S...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Y'all messed up big time with the June UI update

PlanPremium DeviceiPhone XROperating SystemiOS 12 My Question or IssueI don't know who in the Spotify office was smoking this much crack, but the June '19 updated UI is trash. There is no longer a way to see all liked artists (you now have to go to e...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 12   My Question or Issue I don't know who in the Spotify office was smoking this much crack, but the June '19 updated ...
  • momanem35
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • June UI Update
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes

June Update is a UX nightmare

PlanPremiumCountryUSA/ITDeviceiPhone Xs MaxOperating SystemiOS 13.0 My Question or IssueThe design focus of the June update appears to have been to bury as much content as possible with no clear way to access it without searching. Recently played, wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA/IT Device iPhone Xs Max Operating System iOS 13.0   My Question or Issue The design focus of the June update appears to have been to bury as much content as po...
  • sebas_uu
  • 5 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 14 likes

Playing Downloaded Music Still Uses Data

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceiPhone 6+Operating System11.3 My Question or IssueWhy does playing my downloaded music still use my data? This of course never used to happen before the June update. Thanks Spotify for using up my data this month. Off to App...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country US Device iPhone 6+ Operating System 11.3   My Question or Issue Why does playing my downloaded music still use my data? This of course never used to happen before...
  • KOLBY06
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Do Not Play" Songs

Is there a way to see the "do not play" songs? I was listening to a song that I enjoyed, but I pressed the wrong button to save it and now its lost forever. I couldn't remember the name of the song. I'm just asking if there is a list where those song...

• Is there a way to see the "do not play" songs? I was listening to a song that I enjoyed, but I pressed the wrong button to save it and now its lost forever. I couldn't remember the name of the song. ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist song arbitrarily changes to a different song in someone else's playlist

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceiPhone 7SOperating System My Question or IssueI'd like to know why the Spotify app randomly asks which device I want to listen to my current song on, then changes my music to some other songs not on my playlist? NO OFFENSE TO...

• Plan Premium Country   Device iPhone 7S Operating System     My Question or Issue I'd like to know why the Spotify app randomly asks which device I want to listen to my curre...
  • DanifC
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

What happened to the recently played section in the new layout?

So with the new (terrible) library layout, it seems that Spotify has removed the front page that had a list of your recently played albums and playlists. Where has this gone? And I don't mean the "heavy rotation" section of the front page. Basically ...

• So with the new (terrible) library layout, it seems that Spotify has removed the front page that had a list of your recently played albums and playlists. Where has this gone? And I don't mean the "he...
  • NpXX
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes
  • Library Favourits Premium
    Library gone
    new interface
    New Spotify
    Update
  • 10 replies
  • 12 likes

How do I add an album to my queue when I'm not on wifi?

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 12.3.1 My Question or IssueI cannot add an album to my queue unless I'm on WiFi. I'd like to be able to do this whenever and I'm not always on a wifi network. How do I add an album to my queue w...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 12.3.1   My Question or Issue I cannot add an album to my queue unless I'm on WiFi. I'd like to be able to...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Albums Not Showing Up

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited States DeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or Issue I’ve already cancelled my subscription because of this new update but here is an idea that would benefit everybody. With the new update, not all albums wit...

• Plan Free/Premium Country United States  Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue   I’ve already cancelled my subscription because of this new update b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

All of my curated lists of songs for artists are gone

I opened spotify to listen to a specific artist today and more than have of the artists are missing from my artists tab. For some reason many of the artists are showing up as suggested and when I hit follow it adds all of the songs from that artist t...

• Music Fan
  • I opened spotify to listen to a specific artist today and more than have of the artists are missing from my artists tab. For some reason many of the artists are showing up as suggested and when I hit...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Listening offline

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceIPhone 6sOperating SystemiOS 12.3.1My Question or Issue So since the June 2019 update, a bunch of my saved and downloaded music in my library won’t play if I’m disconnected from wifi or data. All my music had to be downl...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device IPhone 6s Operating System iOS 12.3.1 My Question or Issue   So since the June 2019 update, a bunch of my saved and downloaded music in my library wo...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Old UI roll back

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 6sOperating System(iOS 10 My Question or IssueIs it possible to roll back to the old UI version? At this point, the new update has made a complete mess of my library to the point it is nearly unusable without massiv...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 6s Operating System (iOS 10   My Question or Issue Is it possible to roll back to the old UI version? At this point, the new update has made a c...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 11 likes

My Library has no A-Z sidebar. Lousy!

PlanPremiumFree/PremiumCountryUSA DeviceiPhone 6splus(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemiOS(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueTitle says it all I think. Used to be able to navigate albums by pr...

• Casual Listener
  • PlanPremium Free/Premium CountryUSA   DeviceiPhone 6splus (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating SystemiOS (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My ...
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Recently listened for album

PlanPremiumCountrySwitzerlandDeviceiPhone 8Operating SystemiOS 10 My Question or IssueCan Spotify add the "recently listened" filter for albums?Thank you

• Plan Premium Country Switzerland Device iPhone 8 Operating System iOS 10   My Question or Issue Can Spotify add the "recently listened" filter for albums? Thank you  
  • Loxer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes