Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloads menu option has gone

Downloads menu option has gone

This is mostly feedback for the Spotify team.

Yesterday I removed the app from my phone and reinstalled it. I do this every once in awhile to clear out the cache and I found to my dismay that the downloads menu option in ‘My library’ has gone.

From what I can tell this is not a feature that is available to everybody, but please bring it back!

I download for offline listening while at work and the gym and in the train, but still stream at home. Without the downloads option it makes it extremely difficult to find what I downloaded, especially albums. 

This was a function that made your app very useable, even if it didn’t always recognise that there were downloads. It’s disappointing that it’s not there. Please bring it back.

15 Replies

Yes! I noticed this too, Spotify, please bring it back!

If I’m paying a premium price what the **bleep** is the point if I can’t download. I want it back on my menu ASAP, it makes no sense for them to take it away. Maybe people weren’t going over their data limits anymore and Spotify got paid out by cell companies 

Mine is missing too. Trying to locate what albums you’ve downloaded, unless you can remember, is now a real hassle. Please bring it back. 

I'm having this issue too! I'm really upset that this is gone, it makes spotify basically unusable during my commute, as it's a lot of hassle to figure out what I can even listen to. I'm considering canceling my subscription next month if it doesn't return and looking for a different streaming option...if I'm going to pay money for this I expect it to work. 

I’m not an active Spotify user but as far as I know you can determine downloaded music by for example opening Albums, scroll down a bit to reveal the search/filter bar, tap on the “hamburger” and choose “Downloads”

Same here!

In the same boat... this appears to have happened after the most recent update.  I'm also a premium subscriber and download to play offline.  It is painful to have to scroll through libraries to find specific downloaded albums.  I can't imagine why this feature would be considered for removal, so I'm going to assume it is a bug that they are going to work to figure out.   Please fix soon... thanks!

While filtering is an option, it’s not very convenient when I regularly switch between offline listening and streaming by wifi. It’s added additional, unnecessary steps to something that shouldn’t be that complicated.

Unfortunately I don’t think this is a bug. I haven’t had the downloads menu option in my library on my iPad for awhile. At first I assumed it was an issue with my iPad, not something that Spotify have removed.
Now that it’s not an option on my phone as well, I’m assuming that Spotify have actively chosen to take the menu option away.

I thought I was going crazy when I couldn’t see the download option anymore!!! Is there any way to get it back???

This is what Spotifycares just said to me on Twitter (I am @mjasmith; I’m also now having a separate moan at them about the lack of ‘clean’ versions of songs vs other platforms but that’s apparently not their fault, whereas this removal 100% is).

”Hey Mat! We're afraid that section has already been removed, but you can still view your downloads by heading to Playlists/Songs/Albums/Artists and enabling the Downloads filter. More info on this at spoti.fi/2s3KvtR /AR”

I guess that’s okay but if it doesn’t cost them anything to have that menu option, why not just keep it there?

Same problem and frustrations. Actively searching for downloaded music takes way too long. Please bring back the Downloads folder. 

I want the downloaded menu back or I’m moving my family account elsewhere. I don’t want to go to different menus and check boxes everytime I want to go offline. This was stupid to remove, especially so when your customers are here asking you to bring it back. Be loyal to what your customers want or else they’ll just shop somewhere else! 

So disrespectful! I want it back, and I am paying for it. How can you just go through an A/B test with the feature I use the most? 

I found this issue frustrating too. Bring back the download folder option.

Suggested posts