Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why were EPs and Singles removed from artists' pages?

Why were EPs and Singles removed from artists' pages?

After it took me an infuriatingly long time to figure out how to post on this forum, I'd like to ask a question about this issue that has been bugging me and several other users (found some obscure posts on reddit and asked one guy directly) for months.

Why have an artist's Singles and EPs stopped showing on his/her page? I use the always updated iOS app, and on an artist's page, it just shows "Latest Release", "Popular", "Related Artists", "Artist Playlists" and "Appears On". Nowhere to find an artist's previous songs unless you look through randomly scattered search results. This issue, which I find strange because nobody is complaining about, has plagued me for roughly more than 3 months but I have ignored it for quite a while.

Previously, you could look through an artist's past EPs (sorted by date), Singles (sorted by date) right on the artist's page. But now??

3 Replies

I'm having the same problem and wondering the same thing. I looking through Mac Miller's albums but couldn't find any EPs or mixtapes. But when I went on his "This is: Mac Miller" Spotify playlist, a song from his EP popped up. I clicked n it, and can now access that EP. 

Spotify need to get their priorities straight.

*was

*in

Glad to know that I'm not totally alone. I still can't get over how this issue hasn't received any attention when such a design feature is crucial for navigation and finding songs to listen to.

Suggested posts