Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

“Downloads” section gone in recent update

Solved!

“Downloads” section gone in recent update

With the recent iOs app update the “downloads” section is no longer listed in the “your library” menu. As someone who almost exclusively uses this section I am super disappointed 😞 

Will this feature be returning?

5E9C35F8-666B-4144-A3C3-D12ABF9EE919.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I too had this problem. I was a big fan of having the download completely separated from the rest of the music. See below steps to just sort by music you have downloaded. 

1. Navigate to "Your Library"
  2. Select Playlists 
  3. Scroll down until you can see the filter menu and hamburger menu (not visible by default) [See Playlists screenshot]
  4. Select the hamburger menu, notice the filter for downloads is not ticked. make sure this is ticked. [See Filter screenshot]
  5. Navigate back to your Playlists and notice all your music has been filtered by downloads ONLY

Post-script: This is also applicable for Albums, Songs and Artists. 

Playlists (unfiltered)Playlists (unfiltered)

FilterFilter

Playlists (filtered)Playlists (filtered)

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Same here...was getting very annoyed by this then noticed that there’s a filter under Albums which includes a Download option ie you apply this and you’ll have the downloaded albums to hand.

No idea if this was always there or is part of the “improvements” in the latest update.

May be unrelated but one thing I’ve noticed is that playing an album this way I get the first track selected then it jumps to another album... This morning I had one track from Everything Everything then jumped to the Ultimate Bee Gees. This evening I had one track from Code Orange, then jumped to...the Ultimate Bee Gees. Aargh...

Thanks for pointing that out! This is definitely not an improvement though. I like how in downloads it would only show the albums that I had downloaded fully. Albums where I had a song or two downloaded didn’t appear. Don’t get why they need to change this feature to begin with.
Marked as solution

I too had this problem. I was a big fan of having the download completely separated from the rest of the music. See below steps to just sort by music you have downloaded. 

1. Navigate to "Your Library"
  2. Select Playlists 
  3. Scroll down until you can see the filter menu and hamburger menu (not visible by default) [See Playlists screenshot]
  4. Select the hamburger menu, notice the filter for downloads is not ticked. make sure this is ticked. [See Filter screenshot]
  5. Navigate back to your Playlists and notice all your music has been filtered by downloads ONLY

Post-script: This is also applicable for Albums, Songs and Artists. 

Playlists (unfiltered)Playlists (unfiltered)

FilterFilter

Playlists (filtered)Playlists (filtered)

Yes there is a download filter but it is still not as well organized as the original "Downloads" folder in the "Your Library" section.
Now, if you view an album with only one song downloaded you still have to sift through all the undownloaded files. Also, unless you go into settings and set it to offline you end up wasting data as spotify starts streaming a radio lineup.
I realise that these are minor problems but it is poorly organised by comparison. I don't know why they removed the original folder. It's frustrating in spite of the download filter.

Not a solution for me .. when I filter playlist, artists or songs it doesn’t find my downloads 

EC002827-F816-470F-A049-1D8817EE6F4C.png

Unfortunately this section has been discontinued from the app.

You can also choose to list only Downloads in Your Library:

1. Tap Your Library  in the menu at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap Playlists, Songs, Albums, or Artists.
  3. Pull down and release to display  at the top. Tap it.
  4. Under Filter by, tap Downloads or Imported Music.
    Note: Filter options may vary depending on the list you’re filtering.
  5. To return to the original list, repeat these steps and tap the selected filter again.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts