Family Premium 

Country

USA

Device

Apple  TV

Operating System

iOS 

My Question or Issue

have deleted and reinstalled, restarted my Apple TV, but none of this has resolved the problem. My iPhone 13 Pro Max works fine. 

36 Replies

Same thing happening here.  For the past month this error 200 has been an issue on my Apple TV 4K 1st gen, I received a new Apple TV 4K 3rd gen for Christmas thinking it would resolve the issue but no…same thing….

Deleted, reinstalled, restarted, firmware updates (17.2) nothing. 

This has been happening since thanksgiving and the only way we’ve been able to listen Spotify is through our Sonos soundbar which previously wasn’t nearly as reliable as the ATV.  Disappointed for sure. 

I’m also having this issue. It’s been going on for at least two weeks. I’ve done all the things suggested in this thread, on both my Apple TVs (HD & 4K). Both are using Spotify app 1.39.4 and tvOS 17.2 (21K365)

I too have been dealing with this issue for 3 months now. At first I was able to get the app to open after several failed attempts, but now I get error 200 after every single try. I have tried all of the above mentioned solutions to no avail. TV iOS is 17.2 (21K365) and Spotify App version is 1.39.4. This sucks. Please fix.

Not working - seems to me that the app needs to be updated as the current version is 1.39.4 which was last updated in March 2023.

Come on Spotify - has to be an issue on your side so please fix.

It’s been almost a month and nothing! And I use it since I work from home! And now I have to use AirPlay but when I want to see something else I changes so it’s very uncomfortable, you guys need to fix it 

Not sure how long it will last, but I was able to log in today for the first time in over a month. I was prompted to re PAIR with appleTV, but that is probably because original app was deleted, along with its data. Fingers crossed...

Same. So I tried deleting and reinstalling a second time. Now I get Error 100 😂

image.jpg

I’m still dealing with this issue.  Incredibly frustrating.  I really wish that the Spotify app that I’M PAYING FOR worked properly.

It’s still saying:

Something went wrong

Error 200

Same. Infuriating. I think it has something to do with an AppleTV recent update bc that’s when it stopped working on my end. Now it fluctuates from Error 200 and Error 100, but it never works.

Well suddenly it’s working this evening.  Restarted and everything and still working.  I gave it a shot yesterday to no avail, but tonight I tried again but got the log in page suddenly came up and it worked.  Can’t fully explain it.  

Hardware 

AppleTV 4k v3 - 

A2843 (128 GB)

Apple tvOS

17.2 (21K365)

Spotify settings build# 

2023.12.15_2-ba01e81 release-v2.253-3-gf9cae40-mvhz HEAD-v3.201.448-g35e6002a 1.39.4

Hopefully that info helps narrow it down.  I’ll update and test my old ATV 4k v1 and see as well.  

Promising update! But still holding my

breath if it’s a fluke.  Fingers crossed 🤞 

(Update 5 minutes after posting…. Back at it again, error 200…)

(Update to the update again 5m later.  Appears to be working on restart and directly opening, but changing apps seems to confuse it and cause the error.  So just be careful and we’ll see what happens. 

I have been having this issue since around the same time as well, but instead of getting an error screen I have only gotten a black screen, then the app crashes and force quits itself. Tried reinstalling today and I actually got an error screen. Any solutions yet? I'm also on an Apple tv with tvOS 17.3.

Having this problem as well! Researched and implemented most fixes (uninstall, reinstall, reset appletv, hard closed apps, turned off "control tvs and receivers," reset WIFI, etc.). Nothing has worked. Help! This is frustrating!

Hardware 

AppleTV 4k v3 - 

A2843 (128 GB)

Apple tvOS

17.3 (21K646)

Spotify app version:

Is now Feb 20th, 2024 and still having the same issue with app on AppleTV 4K latest Gen.

"Something went wrong
Error 200"

Currently running the latest version of both AppleTV(tvOS 17.3) and Spotify(4.2).

I have exactly the same problem, I have tried everything as everyone has mentioned here, but when it shows to play something in the phone to connect with Apple TV it doesn't show the Apple TV, and I can confirm I'm in the same network, I have tried with different networks with my phone and Apple TV and still do exactly the same.

I have been having this issue since December 2023 or maybe before. I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and then some (restarting, force quitting, deleting app, updating OS). It's incredibly frustrating and I cannot understand why it has not been resolved and why the moderators on this thread are no longer responding. I am about to switch to Apple Music because of all the problems I'm having with Spotify on my Apple devices. If you don't want Apple users to use your service... just say that!! 

I’ve been having error 200 on Apple TV for several weeks. I have updated to latest software. Uninstalled and reinstalled several times and it’s still not working.

Hey folks,

Thank you for providing the requested info.

The team has looked into this issue, however, they can't give an ETA for when it will be fixed. For anyone experiencing this that still hasn't shared their details in this thread, please do so as this will help speed up the investigation.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts