Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Facebook stops music. How to avoid volume drop when I got new messages

Solved!

Facebook stops music. How to avoid volume drop when I got new messages

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

iPhone 12 pro max

Operating System

(iOS 15.2.1

My Question or Issue

1) if I listen to any facebook video facebook starts to stop spotify music. I have to swipe out fb app and open it again (and avoid listening to any fb video) to avoid music stopping

2) I don’t like volume drops when I have any notification (whatsapp, telegram, messenger), I want to hear them but without spotify volume drops. Is it possible?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Solved! I googled more it helps to remove Facebook’s access to iPhone’s camera (and turn it back on)

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Harmonica_player, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

For the first I don't know if Facebook has an option to autoplay videos without sound.

When I usually browse on other social networks and a video is autoplaying, as long as I don't tap on it to hear the sound it won't stop my music.

About the second, iOS does not have an option to disable that unfortunately. The only ways are to turn off notification sounds for those apps (which I guess is not ideal for you), use Do Not Disturb or turning your phone to silent mode. Other than that there's no way to disable that behavior of the system.

I'd also suggest updating to the latest iOS 15.3

Let me know if you need more help 🙂

Facebook autoplay videos with no sounds by default. If I tap any video and hear it facebook app starts stopping spotify.

Yes that's how it works, but you can simply resume Spotify again from the Control Center of iOS after watching the video with sound @Harmonica_player

Ideally I want it to be resumed automatically (: like after getting call. Problem is if I listened to anything in facebook app, it starts stopping spotify every time I open fb app even with muted videos. I have to swipe fb out and open it again and use it till watching any video with sounds.

That seems to be something with Facebook app that they need to change, in other social apps (like Twitter that I use), once I get out of the video the music starts playing again.

Could you test it with any other social app? To see if it happens only with Facebook, my guess, or with all of them.

I'll be waiting for your reply @Harmonica_player 🙂

Marked as solution

Solved! I googled more it helps to remove Facebook’s access to iPhone’s camera (and turn it back on)

Hey there @Harmonica_player,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're super glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Have a great start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts