Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

First search result is hidden beneath search bar in playlists

First search result is hidden beneath search bar in playlists

Bug/Issue

When searching within a playlist the first search result (or the only result if applicable) is hidden beneath the search bar. Pulling the results list downward will reveal the hidden search result but it cannot be selected and played while also pulling the list down. This bug does not occur when using the main Search tab at the bottom - instead only when searching within a playlist. This bug has arisen with iOS Spotify version 8.8.2.511

Version

8.8.2.511 (iOS)

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Operating System

iOS 14+

6 Replies

Hey there @ossiningblu,

Could you please make sure no additional font style or font size settings are enabled?
For a reference, check this article.

If none are enabled, if possible, could you let us know if the same behaviour is observed if you log yourself into another device?
Does it happen if you log into another account on your own device as well?

If you wish to do so, we can also check if following these steps for a complete clean reinstall of the app would make a difference.

We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm also having this issue, Spotify version 8.8.2.511 on iOS 14.3. The issue definitely started recently, and my font settings are standard. I have tried a complete reinstall as recommended but the issue is still there. It's really frustrating!

Edit: I've attached a screen recording of the issue.

Hey @g3e0,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We appreciate all the info you included in your last post. To continue investigating this case, we need to gather as much info as possible. Taking this into account, would you mind checking on a different device (using your own account) to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one available, you can borrow one from a friend or family member to test it out.

Also, could you try using a different Wi-Fi connection to see if it makes any difference? If you don't have another one, you can use your mobile data or a public hotspot to test it on.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Hi I am also having the same problem. I tried everything, changing connection, offloading app, clean reinstall, my font size is standard and i still have this problem. If i log with my account on another device it doesn't have any problem. I have an iphone 8. The problem started 3/4 weeks ago

Hi there @leenda 

Thanks for the info, Can you also confirm the exact Spotify and iOS Versions you're using?

Thanks in advance.

JoanModerator

I’m pretty sure it all got messed up when they made the larger text accessibility for apps. If you turns yours on and then make it like one of the largest possible texts you can see the top song a tiny bit and click on it.

but basically us who don’t want to update are **bleep**. It’s dumb 

Suggested posts