Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Folders on iPhone app are not deletable and do not appear on the desktop app

Solved!

Folders on iPhone app are not deletable and do not appear on the desktop app

Hello,

I have a folder on the iPhone App called "x" containg three playlists and another folder called "x" (again) containg the rest of my playlists. I don't know how that happened but I think it was when I played around with the folder function.

On the desktop app, however, the folders do not appear and the playlists are there unsorted as always in one layer.

How can I get rid of the folders on the iPhone? This is really annoying since I almost only listen mobile.

Thanks

Mytikas

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You have to contact Spotify and open a ticket:

https://www.spotify.com/se/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

They will tidy up your playlist.

Thanks and best, Mytikas

View solution in original post

7 Replies

I have the same problem after updating to latest version.

BR

Tobias

Just to clarify: I did not try to delete the folders on the iPhone because I don't want to delete my playlists that are included in the folders.

Same here,

Folders and playlists that I have deleted months ago are back on my iPhone. When I try to delete them the app crashes. My iPad doesn't even respond, totally locked up. Tried reinstalling with no luck. PLEASE FIX!

Same here as to the deleting issue, app crashes when I try to delete a playlist.

Hello Spotify Support!

ANYTHING?

ANY REACTION?

Now, that Spotify is further ignoring this issue, I tried to help myself.

In the Windows client, I saw that the playlist "x" does not exist. So I created a new folder and moved all playlist in this folder. Important is that the folder is more to the top of the playlist list, because if not playlists were not moved into the new folder. I was able to move all playlists into the new folder and then out again, so I had all playlists again as I wanted. I deleted the new folder created for that purpose.

On the iPhone client, the folder "x" containg another folder "x" was still there but now empty. I tried to delete it but the app crashed (repeatedly).

Than I unfirtunately tried to outsmart the iPhone app. I created a folder called "x" in the Windows client and deleted it. But now the iPhone app does not open anymore and constantly crashes immediately when I open it.

SPORTIFY SUPPORT PLEASE HELP. This is a serious bug and I am a paying subscriber.

Marked as solution

You have to contact Spotify and open a ticket:

https://www.spotify.com/se/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

They will tidy up your playlist.

Thanks and best, Mytikas

Suggested posts