Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

multiple devices

Would love to see multiple device option. I currently pay for 2 well known movie and tv app subscriptions that allow me to use their app simultaneously and on I believe up to 5 devices and they are both cheaper per month than the premium subscription...

• Visitor
  • Would love to see multiple device option. I currently pay for 2 well known movie and tv app subscriptions that allow me to use their app simultaneously and on I believe up to 5 devices and they are b...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iphone4 does not connect on 3G, but it does on WiFi

Hi guys, I´ve been having a problem for a month now in my Iphone 4 with Spotify, I have a premium account that got in the US. Then, I moved back to Spain, and sometime after that I noticed that I could not listen to music while in the car, except for...

• Visitor
  • Hi guys,   I´ve been having a problem for a month now in my Iphone 4 with Spotify, I have a premium account that got in the US. Then, I moved back to Spain, and sometime after that I noticed...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crossfading with offline playlist = huge amount data usage

When I am listening to a offline playlist (with setting offline modus = OFF) my data usage will increase approximately with 1,5 ~ 3mb when crossfading to another song starts. When I put crossfading to 0 seconds the data usage stops. With 4 sec crossf...

• When I am listening to a offline playlist (with setting offline modus = OFF) my data usage will increase approximately with 1,5 ~ 3mb when crossfading to another song starts. When I put crossfading t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sick of haveing to sign out then sign back in so spotify unfrezes!

Everyday this happens and I am sick of it what the hell am I paying you for if spotify doesn't work proply ! It just goes mental then u can play music or search I have to sign out then sin back in in some cases turn my iPod off then on! Sort it out o...

• Everyday this happens and I am sick of it what the hell am I paying you for if spotify doesn't work proply ! It just goes mental then u can play music or search I have to sign out then sin back in in...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist order doesn't make sense

It just takes every song in each playlist and puts them in a completly random order. What makes it worse is you cant sort them in any way that I have been able to figure out. at least add a sort alphabeticly and by date added option please! Makes fin...

• It just takes every song in each playlist and puts them in a completly random order.  What makes it worse is you cant sort them in any way that I have been able to figure out.  at least add...
  • cyrosystems
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Help!

I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my iPhone and did the 48 hour Spotify Premium trial. Once the trial ended I wanted to buy the Spotify Unlimited but there were no prompts to do so... Anyway, I purchased it on my desktop but now the actual app...

• I recently downloaded the Spotify app on my iPhone and did the 48 hour Spotify Premium trial.  Once the trial ended I wanted to buy the Spotify Unlimited but there were no prompts to do so... ...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Latest update stops music playback on iPad

I've been a paying user for over a year and could basically summarize my Spotify experience as great when listening on my CPU or my iPad but completely unreliable on my iPhone. I have enjoyed Spotify most through my iPad. That is, however, until the ...

• I've been a paying user for over a year and could basically summarize my Spotify experience as great when listening on my CPU or my iPad but completely unreliable on my iPhone. I have enjoyed Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Local Files do not SORT on the iphone app!? Really!?

Heres an example: I have some beatles albums synced because they are not on spotify. Go to local files, pick a song (A day in the life) then I click on the info button and click on the album (sgt peppers) and the rest of the songs from that album are...

• Casual Listener
  • Heres an example:   I have some beatles albums synced because they are not on spotify.   Go to local files, pick a song (A day in the life) then I click on the info button and click on ...
  • sk1ff
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

iPhone wants me to login every time I exit Spotify

Wht is the problem now? Why is it everytime a new version of this app is released to fix one issue, another comes along? This is getting beyond a joke. Every single time I close Spotify and reopen it, it wants me to sign in. This is fine when I'm in ...

• Regular
  • Wht is the problem now? Why is it everytime a new version of this app is released to fix one issue, another comes along? This is getting beyond a joke. Every single time I close Spotify and reopen it...
  • Proterra
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify offline playlist will only play on one device at a time

Spotify offline playlist will only play on one device at a time. I have three ios devices, but spotify will only play on one device at a time. When you try to play two devices at a time it pauses one. I have checked spotify on my computer and it is l...

• Regular
  • Spotify offline playlist will only play on one device at a time. I have three ios devices, but spotify will only play on one device at a time. When you try to play two devices at a time it pauses one...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't Play in Offline Mode

Picked up a new iPhone 5 running iOS6 and trying to sync a playlist over wifi was painfully slow (speeds are fine on my new iPad with iOS5), so I synced a good majority of my playlist over LTE which seemed to transfer dramatically faster. Took almost...

• Regular
  • Picked up a new iPhone 5 running iOS6 and trying to sync a playlist over wifi was painfully slow (speeds are fine on my new iPad with iOS5), so I synced a good majority of my playlist over LTE which ...
  • GOBLUE80
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync all local files not in Spotify library?

New Spotify premium user here, using iPhone, with a couple of questions: 1) I understand you can mix local files with Spotify tracks in a playlist, and then sync that playlist to your mobile, which will copy local files to your phone so you can play ...

• Regular
  • New Spotify premium user here, using iPhone, with a couple of questions:   1) I understand you can mix local files with Spotify tracks in a playlist, and then sync that playlist to your mobi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ipod & Ipad not syncing playlists, Android device works fine... !?

My Ipod touch (IOS 5.1.1) is connected to my home-stereo. But my playlists wont sync anymore (neither is my ipad spotify app). Weird is that the spotify on my Android phone works fine. The Ipod does show up in the spotify windows pc app, but also the...

• Casual Listener
  • My Ipod touch (IOS 5.1.1) is connected to my home-stereo. But my playlists wont sync anymore (neither is my ipad spotify app). Weird is that the spotify on my Android phone works fine. The Ipod does ...
  • Shakka
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Certain local files are greyed out on the iPhone even though they're linked on the PC

I'm having a problem with playing some songs on my iPhone. There are some songs stored as local files on my PC that cannot be streamed on my iPhone, even though they are linked on the PC to songs in Spotify's library. On the iPhone they are greyed ou...

• Regular
  • I'm having a problem with playing some songs on my iPhone.   There are some songs stored as local files on my PC that cannot be streamed on my iPhone, even though they are linked on the...
  • liron
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No airplay icon

Hï I've got an iPad1, Appletv3 and want to streammy spotify audio tomy hdtv but i can't find the airplay icon. Also no when maximising the sCreen..... Can anyone help me? Thnks Ray

• Hï I've got an iPad1, Appletv3 and want to streammy spotify audio tomy hdtv but i can't find the airplay icon. Also no when maximising the sCreen..... Can anyone help me? Thnks Ray
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming local files on my iPhone

How do I stream local files from my computer to my iPhone? I do not want to sync local files for offline listening because they are already synced to my iPhone via iTunes. Syncing them with Spotofy would only put a second copy on my phone and waste g...

• Regular
  • How do I stream local files from my computer to my iPhone?   I do not want to sync local files for offline listening because they are already synced to my iPhone via iTunes.  ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming stops

Hi, I don't know if anyone else is having an issue with the iOS when it comes to streaming and or syncing. Lately after the recent update that "fixed" connectivity issues, any streaming song either doesn't load, takes WAY too long, or it starts but i...

• Music Fan
  • ...nd iphone I'm aware it has not gone public yet but as a developer I already have it. Anyways, my point with that is throughout all the betas of Spotify, this issue didn't occur until the recent Spotify u...
  • Endhoaad
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Syncing Spotify with iPhone

So I'm interested in trying Spotify out. However, Spotify is really stupid in the fact that it says iPhone's can only sync with desktop Spotify on a Wifi network, and my desktop doesn't use Wifi, it connects directly to the Internet. So is there no w...

• So I'm interested in trying Spotify out.  However, Spotify is really stupid in the fact that it says iPhone's can only sync with desktop Spotify on a Wifi network, and my desktop doesn't use Wif...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting app has not cleared cache

Was running Spotify on iPhone 4S, IOS v5.0.1, and had a problem whereby songs would stop playing half-way through. I deleted the application in order to re-install it to try and alleviate the problem. Unfortunately, checking the usage on the iPhone G...

• Casual Listener
  • Was running Spotify on iPhone 4S, IOS v5.0.1, and had a problem whereby songs would stop playing half-way through. I deleted the application in order to re-install it to try and alleviate the problem...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Always in shuffle mode on the mobile-version?

Hi! When Im using spotify on my Iphone I cant listen to albums track 1,2-10.. It,s always in shuffle mode even if I havent push the shuffle button. Is there maybe a setting i cant find?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! When Im using spotify on my Iphone I cant listen to albums track 1,2-10.. It,s always in shuffle mode even if I havent push the shuffle button. Is there maybe a setting i cant find?
  • spielu_nu
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes