Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Force Touch menu not updating

Solved!

Force Touch menu not updating

hi team, on my iPhone 11 Pro when I force touch the Spotify icon app, the menu gives me a view on playlist that I’ve listen many many months ago. It never gets refreshed. 

if I click one of the suggested playlist, they just won’t play either. 

any idea to help me forcing the refresh?

B9CC4599-913A-4EE1-BEFE-5EB5DBC4FDF6.jpeg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It looks like this is finally fixed from the testing I did. Using the latest iOS app version 8.5.66

The icon shortcuts show recently played items and not items from over a year ago

I'm also using iOS 14 beta, but I don't think it has anything to do with iOS 14.

@AeroZ @dj2oyce 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I'm having a similar issue. It shows 2 recently played songs for me but I haven't played them in over a week and when I tap on them the Spotify app opens but nothing happens.

MattSudaSpotify Star

« Glad » to hear that I am not the only one with this bug. Hopefully it will make Spotify more willing to dig into it 🙂

Anyone from Spotify? 🙂

Apparently not😅

I have the same problem

I think these recently played items on the touch menu have been discontinued. I tested on a different iPhone and the app doesn't have the touch shortcuts anymore. It is a trend I am seeing from several companies where they aren't providing shortcuts anymore. I don't know why though.

I think it was supposed to change on my phone too but it got stuck with the old shortcuts. If you delete and reinstall the app they'll probably disappear, but I have decided not to because then I have to re setup Spotify and login to the app again. So they will be stuck until next time you reinstall the app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I already reinstalled the app and returned the old shortcuts

Already did multiple clean reinstall but after some use, old shortcuts are back 🤪

We can only hope that maybe they'll update the 3D Touch menu to something similar to Apple Music so that it could also be added to the widget screen. Probably not though.

PS. What I've seen is that if I resetart my phone then the 3D Touch menu works for a few times and then disappears.

Interesting to see multiple people have different things happening with the shortcuts. It looks like this is still an issue then. Hopefully they'll get around to fixing the shortcuts to work again.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

It looks like this is finally fixed from the testing I did. Using the latest iOS app version 8.5.66

The icon shortcuts show recently played items and not items from over a year ago

I'm also using iOS 14 beta, but I don't think it has anything to do with iOS 14.

@AeroZ @dj2oyce 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Yeah, seems that it’s fixed (for now at least).

Great to hear!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts