Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ford Sync streaming Spotify Radio issues

Solved!

Ford Sync streaming Spotify Radio issues

I just recently updated my Ford Sync  to v 3.5.1 bt4t-14d546-ag. This update seems to have fixed the track ID issues that swere common before but I know have a worse problem. It appears that when I am streaming from Spotify radio it will automatically skip to the next song if the buffer gets low. I noticed that certain songs would skip at the same exact time every time they came up to play. This time could be 20 seconds into the song or 2 minutes into the song. So I decided to delete the application because this is the only way I know how to delete the cache and now the majority of the songs will play less than 30 seconds and then skip to the next song. I really enjoy Spotify but the main reason I have it is because I think this is a great alternative to SiriusXM radio. I would appreciate it is some one could take a look at this. 

iPhone 4s v 6.0.1

AT&T

Spotify premium 0.5.9.10 settings set to stream at normal setting

20 Replies
Marked as solution

Found pretty easy fix to this issue. I was never able to find the solution to play the music from Spotify using USB cable connection with my iPhone and although using some workaround steps the phone managed to play few songs from Spotify without skipping, eventually sooner or later the skipping started again.

I just bought this wireless dongle (link below) and it solved the issue for me. And it only took me 2 years to find that solution :)))

I just tested it in my Ford today, so far it works without any issue, no skipping of songs, able to fully manage the music directly from Spotify on my phone.

Btw, I have Ford Focus 2013 and iPhone 8. Hope it helps and I made your day as I just made mine 🙂

Take care,

Milan

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Wireless-Bluetooth5-0-Stereo-Audio-Music-Speaker-AUX-Receiver-Adapter-D...

Suggested posts