Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 11 

Operating System

iOS 14.3

My Question or Issue

When I'm playing music on my iPhone I'm trying to make my songs transition into each other seamlessly, but it won't work on my iPhone. I've enabled gapless playback and set the crossfade to 0 seconds but it still has the same gap between songs as if I didn't have gapless playback enabled in the first place. For some reason if I listen to an album, the gapless playback does work on my iPhone - it's just when I try and listen to my playlists it has the gap. But when I listen to the same playlist on my Windows 10 Desktop, the playlist has no gaps and has the seamlessness that I want. I made this playlist to listen to in my car and not really on my computer so it sucks that the gapless playback won't work on my playlist on my phone.

3 Replies

Hey there @Rvoln02,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can log in with another account on the device - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I'm having the exact same problem. Any update?

Hey there @rolfgonzo,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Just to confirm, did you already try a clean reinstall as @Jeremy suggested above?

If that didn't do the trick, it'd help us if you could try it on a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone and let us know if the same happens so we can determine if this is account-related.

Lastly, make sure that the Gapless option is toggled on within the app's Settings, and try turning the Crossfade on to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts