Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gapless and cross fade playback of local tracks

Gapless and cross fade playback of local tracks

When can we hope to see the IOS app handle playback of local tracks correctly. The question was raised the first time a long time ago and it still doesn't work - gapless and cross fade only work on streamed music 😕
6 Replies

Hi,

Just looked up the other topic and the user posted a troubleshooting template, so escalated that topic as an issue to the staff over at Spotify for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks Anthony! Couldn't find a link to send a support ticket to Spotify.

This was never implemented as a feature.  When they announced gapless playback, they said they were still working on it for local files, but it doesn't seem like it is ever happening.  I started a thread in the ideas forum, but it isn't gaining much traction.

It works in the Windows client though. So it's not a general local files issue - only on IOS (and Android?).

Are you sure it's working on local files in the Windows client?  It's never worked on the OSX client for me.  Or the mobile.

What format of local files do you have that it's working on (mp3, m4a, etc?)

Definitely. Re-tested just now. Both gapless and corss fade work on local tracks in Windows client. Haven't explicitely tested M4A but MP3 work fine.

Suggested posts