Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't recognize my i-pod nano 7th generation

Spotify won't recognize my i-pod nano 7th generation

Hi,

I recently subscribed to spotify premium in the hope that I would be able to use my i-Pod nano 7th generation. When I plug it spotify does not recognize it. Is there anything I can do about that?

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

The modern iPods won't connect to Spotify due to an issue with the new lightning connectors, as outlined in this official bugs topic

It is also worth pointing out that even with Premium, you can't sync Spotify catalogue content to an iPod nano (if that is what you want it to do), Spotify will only sync local files you already own to an iPod nano (just like iTunes) as it does not have a Spotify application to decode Spotify tracks. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Can someone explain the value (if any) of using Spotify as a replacement to iTunes? 

@johnmac11 wrote:

Can someone explain the value (if any) of using Spotify as a replacement to iTunes? 

Its just handy to have all of your music managed in one application I guess! 🙂 

It also means my playlists of local files can be played without needing to go to iTunes. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks Peter - I should have been more clear and asked is there any advantage to using Spotify vs iTunes on an iPod? I can't find anything and, as much as I dislike iTunes, see Spotify as offering much less functionality for a iPod user. 

Suggested posts