Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Moving music from my spotify playsit on my iphone to my itunes folder?

Sorry am new to this, but sat creating a playlist on my phone and now want to move it from the spotify app on my phone to my music app on my phone - how can I do this?

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry am new to this, but sat creating a playlist on my phone and now want to move it from the spotify app on my phone to my music app on my phone - how can I do this?    
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Purchased Spotify premium on Mac but it won't recognize on IPhone

Purchased Spotify premium on my Mac a few days ago. It won't recognize the premium on my iPhone and only let's me play radio! Really bummed since I'm never home this is the only reason I bit the bullet for 10/month. Plz respond.

• Visitor
  • Purchased Spotify premium on my Mac a few days ago. It won't recognize the premium on my iPhone and only let's me play radio! Really bummed since I'm never home this is the only reason I bit the bull...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone
    not working
    Premium
    Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello - iPod Nano or Classic - Not touch!

Hello, I would like to know if spotifuggle is supporting new Ipod Nano Generation or new Classics ? I am happy with the spotifuggle but I would like to play the music on portable devices - but small ones like Nano or Classics. Thanks, Wojtek

• Hello,  I would like to know if spotifuggle is supporting new Ipod Nano Generation or new Classics ? I am happy with the spotifuggle but I would like to play the music on portable devices - bu...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Making tracks offline

Hello guys I am trying to make some playlists offline but its taking forever. Its not a net connection, it just goes on and on but the track never goes offline...I dont see any messages or anything so I dont think I am near my offline limit....

• Hello guys   I am trying to make some playlists offline but its taking forever. Its not a net connection, it just goes on and on but the track never goes offline... I dont see any message...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Verizon iPhone 5 ios 6.1.2 as of 3/6/13 BAD battery drain

Trying to keep this thread alive for spotify to fix this issue. I have a Verizon iPhone 5 running the most current software as of 3/6/13, ios 6.1.2. I have tried only using the offline mode in spotify, and it doesn't seem to help. I have removed and ...

• Regular
  • Trying to keep this thread alive for spotify to fix this issue. I have a Verizon iPhone 5 running the most current software as of 3/6/13, ios 6.1.2. I have tried only using the offline mode in spotif...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Empty SpotON Radio folder cannot be deleted from my iPhone and iPad

Now that Spotify introduced the "new" radio feature, I decided to uninstall the SpotON Radio app. But I still have a SpotON Radio folder on my iPhone and iPad. Not on my PC. When I try to delete this folder, the app craches. How can I get rid of this...

• Casual Listener
  • Now that Spotify introduced the "new" radio feature, I decided to uninstall the SpotON Radio app.   But I still have a SpotON Radio folder on my iPhone and iPad. Not on my PC.   Whe...
  • BigMikeyP
  • Regular
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Trouble with iPhone 4s

I'm having trouble downloading spotify premium on my iphone 4s. I previously installed it on my itouch (using my facebook account), and used up the free trial, and now after downloading the free app onto my iphone am unable to subscribe to the premiu...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm having trouble downloading spotify premium on my iphone 4s. I previously installed it on my itouch (using my facebook account), and used up the free trial, and now after downloading the free app&...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No "Now Playing" or "Queue" Button?

I just started a premium trial and downloaded Spotify on my Iphone 3gs, which is running ios 6.1.2. I've added some songs to the "queue" and continued exploring the app, but now I can't get back to what I'm playing. Is there seriously no "Now Playing...

• Casual Listener
  • I just started a premium trial and downloaded Spotify on my Iphone 3gs, which is running ios 6.1.2. I've added some songs to the "queue" and continued exploring the app, but now I can't get back to w...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Share "starred" playlist

I got my girlfriend spotify premium for Xmas and she would like to subscribe to my playlists. However my Starred playlist doesn't show when she views my playlists. I can see/follow her starred playlist, but she can't view/follow mine. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • I got my girlfriend spotify premium for Xmas and she would like to subscribe to my playlists. However my Starred playlist doesn't show when she views my playlists. I can see/follow her starred playli...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Off line syncing just hangs then times out

I am a premium customer how now can not sync music to listen to offline on my iPhone. I am reluctant to delete and reinstall the app as I don't want to lose my existing offline playlists. All attempts to sync tracks to offline lead to spotify hanging...

• Regular
  • I am a premium customer how now can not sync music to listen to offline on my iPhone. I am reluctant to delete and reinstall the app as I don't want to lose my existing offline playlists. All attempt...
  • Dethers
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone 5 no tracks play

Ok, so I am a premium user, and every time I select a track to play, wether it is synced offline or not, it simply does not play. Everything comes up normal like the progress bar, now playing bar at the bottom, and the 0:00, it's just that the progre...

• Ok, so I am a premium user, and every time I select a track to play, wether it is synced offline or not, it simply does not play. Everything comes up normal like the progress bar, now playing bar at ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ios app doesnt recognise 30-day trial

hi! i joined spoitfy last week and subscribed to the 30-day premium trial. the desktop app is working fine, no music and high-quality songs. but on my iphone it says my premium test is expired. before that it said the "... hours remaing"-thing. i alr...

• Casual Listener
  • hi! i joined spoitfy last week and subscribed to the 30-day premium trial. the desktop app is working fine, no music and high-quality songs. but on my iphone it says my premium test is expired....
  • rockafinger
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sharing playlists via friends does not work

Hello,Since the last update it seems that sharing a playlist with a friend does not work...the dialog pops up as expected but after press on Send nothing happens anymore...is there a problem with this function?ThanksThorsten

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Since the last update it seems that sharing a playlist with a friend does not work...the dialog pops up as expected but after press on Send nothing happens anymore...is there a problem with...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

30-day Free trail ignored?

I just joined Spotify and it offered me a 30-day free trail. I then set up my payment (paypal) and 9.99 monthly but it now says I will be charged 9.99 tomorrow (2013-03-04). How do I redeem my 30day free trial? Also, my iPhone app is still counting d...

• I just joined Spotify and it offered me a 30-day free trail. I then set up my payment (paypal) and 9.99 monthly but it now says I will be charged 9.99 tomorrow (2013-03-04). How do I redeem my ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't sync anymore offline songs anymore

I am in my free premium trial period and It won't let me offline sync anymore albums. I've only done like 3 so I know I haven't gone over my max. It should stops on one song like its freezing up and spins there in a cycle. its very frustrating. I am ...

• Casual Listener
  • I am in my free premium trial period and It won't let me offline sync anymore albums. I've only done like 3 so I know I haven't gone over my max. It should stops on one song like its freezing up and ...
  • JessicaEve
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists stop syncing after 1 song- iphone 4s,

Hi. My phone is connected to the charger, and wifi, and is set to never lock. However, I am in a premium trial and can't get more than 1 song to sync. I have already uninstalled and resinstalled. Please help! I am trying this out to see if I want to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. My phone is connected to the charger, and wifi, and is set to never lock. However, I am in a premium trial and can't get more than 1 song to sync. I have already uninstalled and resinstalled. Ple...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! battery life on iPhone 5: streaming vs offline mode

hi everyone. I just recently got an iPhone 5, and I have noticed that with spotify premium, streaming music has a decent hit on my battery life. does anyone know if downloading my playlists to the phone will make playing music use up less battery lif...

• hi everyone. I just recently got an iPhone 5, and I have noticed that with spotify premium, streaming music has a decent hit on my battery life. does anyone know if downloading my playlists to the ph...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • battery
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

NEED HELP!!! Duplicate local offline files!!!

Hi, I'm new to this community so I'm just hoping I'm posting this at the right place! I've just installed Spotify to my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 a couple of days ago and am starting to sync my local files. What I then notice is that there are at least...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm new to this community so I'm just hoping I'm posting this at the right place! I've just installed Spotify to my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 a couple of days ago and am starting to sync my local...
  • YoshQ
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Patricktcrawford

My account is a premium account and up to date. When I log in on my iPhone it loads my playlist but when I go to stream a specific song it says I have to have a premium account. Im pretty sure I'm logged in to the proper account. Any suggestions?

• Regular
  • My account is a premium account and up to date. When I log in on my iPhone it loads my playlist but when I go to stream a specific song it says I have to have a premium account. Im pretty sure I'm lo...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on iPod Shuffle

Hi! I recently bought a new ipod shuffle. My old iPod touch doesn't work so well (music quality isn't that good). I wanted to sync my offline playlists, but it seems Spotify online accepts to sync my local mp3 files. On the internet I read you can st...

• Hi!   I recently bought a new ipod shuffle. My old iPod touch doesn't work so well (music quality isn't that good). I wanted to sync my offline playlists, but it seems Spotify onlin...
  • temi
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes