Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • MÌDÉ
  • 874 replies
  • 321 likes
  • 874 replies
  • 321 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Send music to Spotify People, now sends a facebook message w/ link also?

Since the recent "iPad update", whenever I send "spotify people" a song it also sends them a facebook message with the song link. Is there a way to turn this off?? I just want to shoot them a song within spotify, not facebook message them. Or is this...

• Regular
  • Since the recent "iPad update", whenever I send "spotify people" a song it also sends them a facebook message with the song link.  Is there a way to turn this off??  I just want to shoot th...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

A question about 'Now Playing'

I was wondering if there is a way to view the Queue in the IPhone app.I'm not sure if I missed something but, from quite a bit of looking, the actual link to the Queue doesn't seem to exist.

• I was wondering if there is a way to view the Queue in the IPhone app. I'm not sure if I missed something but, from quite a bit of looking, the actual link to the Queue doesn't seem to exist.
  • Stany70
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

IOS APP Update

The Spotify iPhone app recently got a Update, but after installing this all my offline playlist, which where safed on the iPhone are gone and i had too download all this tracks again. Is it normal that all the Tracks are gone after the Update?

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify iPhone app recently got a Update, but after installing this all my offline playlist, which where safed on the iPhone are gone and i had too download all this tracks again.    ...
  • Stany70
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

aux cord

hello i have 2012 honda fit and it has a aux cord that loads spotifiy perfectly. the recent update i think 5.0 on the iphone app removed the ability for the screen to stay on while plugged into aux cord. can you guys put that back? i dont like my scr...

• hello i have 2012 honda fit and it has a aux cord that loads spotifiy perfectly. the recent update i think 5.0 on the iphone app removed the ability for the screen to stay on while plugged into aux c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist wont sync to iPad properly

I've tried to sync my Starred playlist to my iPad, but only 51 of the 197 songs have transfered. It simply shows it as a playlist of 51 tracks. All of the songs in the playlist are songs available on Spotify. How can I fix this? Ideally I would like ...

• Visitor
  • I've tried to sync my Starred playlist to my iPad, but only 51 of the 197 songs have transfered. It simply shows it as a playlist of 51 tracks. All of the songs in the playlist are songs availab...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Attn iOS developers: Simple suggestion for iPad app

First off, great app. Really well done and I'm happy to see it done well the first time around. That being said I have a small suggestion that I believe would increase the efficacy of this app. After selecting a playlist and clicking 'edit' it is imp...

• First off, great app. Really well done and I'm happy to see it done well the first time around. That being said I have a small suggestion that I believe would increase the efficacy of this app. After...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playlists

I created playlists in the new ipad version. Why can´t I se them in my phones spotify app I can´t see them when I´m logging in from my computer? Is this a new feature or what do I do wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • I created playlists in the new ipad version. Why can´t I se them in my phones spotify app I can´t see them when I´m logging in from my computer? Is this a new feature or what do I do wrong?
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are broken

Once I upgraded to the latest version (yesterday), none of my local files would play. So I deleted, restarted and reinstalled as per instructions, but local files still don't work. None of the music on my computer is getting transferred to the iPhone...

• Regular
  • Once I upgraded to the latest version (yesterday), none of my local files would play.  So I deleted, restarted and reinstalled as per instructions, but local files still don't work.  None o...
  • twentw
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

cant kill spotify with doubletap -> X

spotify keeps playing for like 30 seconds if you kill it, sometimes with playicon on the top part of screen, sometimes not. there is no icon left to kill and the music-controls cant control spotify although the icon is still to the right of them. can...

• spotify keeps playing for like 30 seconds if you kill it, sometimes with playicon on the top part of screen, sometimes not. there is no icon left to kill and the music-controls cant control spotify a...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Thanks for the iPad App!

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the iPad app release today! It was a long wait, but the app appears to be well done. Crossfade, nice layout, good color scheme, etc. Thanks, Spotify!

• Music Fan
  • Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the iPad app release today! It was a long wait, but the app appears to be well done. Crossfade, nice layout, good color scheme, etc. Thanks, Spotify!
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app wont sync with local files already on my iPad

The app will only sync local files from my computer via wi-fi, taking up valuable storage space on my iPad. I already downloaded all of music files when I got my iPad, so syncing via computer essentially doubles the amount of space required for my mu...

• The app will only sync local files from my computer via wi-fi, taking up valuable storage space on my iPad. I already downloaded all of music files when I got my iPad, so syncing via computer essenti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lots of Problems

I couldn't use my old Ipod with Spotify so I got an Ipod Touch 5.0 and subscribed to a premium plan...I downloaded the app from spotify for my Ipod, and it still have problems....My Ipod won't show up under devices...and the app crashes about 4 sec a...

• Regular
  • I couldn't use my old Ipod with Spotify so I got an Ipod Touch 5.0 and subscribed to a premium plan...I downloaded the app from spotify for my Ipod, and it still have  problems....My Ipod w...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

trouble with ipad app

how can i add single tracks to a playlist withoud playing it instantly?

• Regular
  • how can i add single tracks to a playlist withoud playing it instantly?
  • Luebbi
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is Artist Info links in new iPad app

In the iPhone version you can jump from any playing track to songs from its artist or its album. This does not exist in the iPad app. This is an important feature and must be added.

• Music Fan
  • In the iPhone version you can jump from any playing track to songs from its artist or its album. This does not exist in the iPad app. This is an important feature and must be added.
  • mishamazor
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist issue

Added new playlist on iPad and then launched iPhone app and it does not show up. Closed iPhone app completely from multitasking and relaunched. Still no avil. Then logged out on iPhone and back in and still no go. Needs to be fixed soon just a FYI.

• Casual Listener
  • Added new playlist on iPad and then launched iPhone app and it does not show up. Closed iPhone app completely from multitasking and relaunched. Still no avil. Then logged out on iPhone and back in an...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline tracks sync from Spotify instead of Local files

I have an offline playlist on my ipod touch that contains all songs that I have available in local files. But Spotify is syncing a bunch of them from the Spotify library instead of from my local computer files and then counting them against my offlin...

• Gig Goer
  • I have an offline playlist on my ipod touch that contains all songs that I have available in local files. But Spotify is syncing a bunch of them from the Spotify library instead of from my local comp...
  • dpeck411
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading playlists on iPod after updating

I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated the spotify software on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it and it is still having trouble loading playlists. Is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated the spotify software on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it a...
  • jshue63
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync after updates

I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated spotify on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it and it is still having trouble loading playlists. Is this a tempo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated spotify on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it and it is stil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No last.fm scrobbling for iPad app?

Am I missing something or is there no scrobbling for iPad?

• Gig Goer
  • Am I missing something or is there no scrobbling for iPad?
  • wolflikeme
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Friends not showing up in Spotify

I refered my friend to download Spotify. He connected with his Facebook but he is unable to any of his friends under the "Friends" option. The thing is, I can send him songs and see him in my Friends. The thing though is I cannot see his playlists or...

• I refered my friend to download Spotify. He connected with his Facebook but he is unable to any of his friends under the "Friends" option. The thing is, I can send him songs and see him in my Friends...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes