Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Problem syncing local files to playlist

I have 2 songs that I'm trying to play on my iPhone and have them in an offline playlist as well, but they won't play at all. They show up in the playlist but are greyed out and refuse to play at all. They will not sync to my phone but they work fine...

• Visitor
  • I have 2 songs that I'm trying to play on my iPhone and have them in an offline playlist as well, but they won't play at all. They show up in the playlist but are greyed out and refuse to play at all...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble syncing certain playlists with my iphone 4s

Hi, I'm a Spotify premium user and I'm having trouble syncing certain playlists to my phone. When I try to sync some of them a red exclamation mark appears and doesn't let me sync them. I deleted the Spotify app off my phone and re-installed it, and ...

• Hi, I'm a Spotify premium user and I'm having trouble syncing certain playlists to my phone. When  I try to sync some of them a red exclamation mark appears and doesn't let me sync them. I delet...
  • christina4
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Minor annoyance: airplane mode

I like to put my ipod touch in airplane mode most of the time to increase battery life. It's quicker than turning off bluetooth and wi-fi separately. Then when I am using Spotify for iOS in offline mode, every single time I activate my iPod from slee...

• Music Fan
  • I like to put my ipod touch in airplane mode most of the time to increase battery life. It's quicker than turning off bluetooth and wi-fi separately.   Then when I am using Spotify for iOS i...
  • BitRift
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Syn with ipod nano?!

I tried to sync my ipod nano with spotify. But evertytime I try spotify on my mac syncs local files. Not the offline available Playlists. Is this right? So why I could spotify with the ipod if i can´t sync songs with it.

• I tried to sync my ipod nano with spotify. But evertytime I try spotify on my mac syncs local files. Not the offline available Playlists.   Is this right?   So why I could spotify w...
  • Katehollyr
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Am NOT receiving password for my mobile device

I have signed up for Spotify Premium, and have inserted my credit card information and then it gives me my Device username and I click to receive an email with the device username and password for my mobile device (iPhone) and I receive nothing. I ha...

• Visitor
  • I have signed up for Spotify Premium, and have inserted my credit card information and then it gives me my Device username and I click to receive an email with the device username and password for my...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists different on laptop to phone!

Hello, I have Spotify Premium, and made a playlist on my laptop with around 40 songs in it. However, that same playlist comes up on both my iPad and iPhone has having only 2 songs on it. I have logged in and out and closed both apps and it is still t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have Spotify Premium, and made a playlist on my laptop with around 40 songs in it. However, that same playlist comes up on both my iPad and iPhone has having only 2 songs on it. I have log...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists won't sync

Over the past week me and a mate have both been using spotify on the latest iOS and when we make playlists, either our own custom ones or an album that's already set up, try to sync it and it gets 2 or 3 songs in then a little orange ! Appears next t...

• Music Fan
  • Over the past week me and a mate have both been using spotify on the latest iOS and when we make playlists, either our own custom ones or an album that's already set up, try to sync it and it gets 2 ...
  • Predata88
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Tracks never sync on ip4s

I've messaged spotify twice over ther past fortnight and posted on here publicly asking them to help me and they won't even answer me so I'm gonna ask for help from any other users who might know what's going on.I've got an iPhone 4S running the late...

• Music Fan
  • I've messaged spotify twice over ther past fortnight and posted on here publicly asking them to help me and they won't even answer me so I'm gonna ask for help from any other users who might know w...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Song title not changing

On both my iPad and iPhone 5, I have a frequent issue where I'm listening to an artist's album, and when the songs change, the title remains the same. This also happens when I'm listening to a playlist of varied songs and two songs that follow each o...

• On both my iPad and iPhone 5, I have a frequent issue where I'm listening to an artist's album, and when the songs change, the title remains the same.  This also happens when I'm listening to a ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Search feature not loading on iphone 4

Spotify premium. All other features work, but Search never loads the screen. No alerts from Spotify. Anyone else?

• Spotify premium. All other features work, but Search never loads the screen. No alerts from Spotify. Anyone else?
  • Iluvomd
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

How can`t get my tracks from local files to Ipod touch

I have the spotify premium. I want a track from my local files at spotify to a oflfline playlist on my ipod touch but can`t do it, can somebody help me please? The Ipod dosent occure under devices even thoe I´m on the same wifi with my computer and m...

• I have the spotify premium. I want a track from my local files at spotify to a oflfline playlist on my ipod touch but can`t do it, can somebody help me please?  The Ipod dosent occure under devi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio only available online - disconnected multiple times

I'm a recent premium subscriber and I'm a little disappointed that this is my best option for asking for help. You guys need a dedicated customer support email address. I'm often being disconnected from the spotify radio servers and then told I'm "of...

• I'm a recent premium subscriber and I'm a little disappointed that this is my best option for asking for help.  You guys need a dedicated customer support email address.   I'm often bei...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Bluetooth

I've always had bluetooth problems with my car. I can't drive and listen to music for more than 2-3 songs without the app crashing when I'm connected to bluetooth. I've actually been using the iOS 4 version of the app (with my iPhone 4S) because it w...

• I've always had bluetooth problems with my car.  I can't drive and listen to music for more than 2-3 songs without the app crashing when I'm connected to bluetooth.  I've actually been usin...
  • klsnijder
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not working outside wifi

Hi, For over a week now my spotify has not been syncing and I cannot play my playlists on the go! Please help, what am I doing wrong!!?? thanks, richard

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   For over a week now my spotify has not been syncing and I cannot play my playlists on the go!    Please help, what am I doing wrong!!??   thanks,   rich...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ipod compat

I was going to buy an ipod today to use in the shiny new cd player I got...however...I've been doing some homework and it seems that ipods were designed to only play itunes music. I like spotify, and the playlists I've created. If I get one of these ...

• I was going to buy an ipod today to use in the shiny new cd player I got...however...I've been doing some homework and it seems that ipods were designed to only play itunes music. I like spotify...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't for the life of me get my premium subscription to sync with my iPad

Please help! I pay for a premium subscription and have no issues using it from my iPhone. However, when I log into the Spotify app from my iPad using the EXACT SAME CREDENTIALS, it says "Spotify Premium trial has ended" and won't let me do anything b...

• Regular
  • Please help! I pay for a premium subscription and have no issues using it from my iPhone. However, when I log into the Spotify app from my iPad using the EXACT SAME CREDENTIALS, it says "Spotify Prem...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify wont sync on my ipod

i hooked my ipod up to spotify did the back up and i tryed getting it to sync but all it did was wipe it out so i got no music help me please

• Casual Listener
  • i hooked my ipod up to spotify did the back up and i tryed getting it to sync but all it did was wipe it out so i got no music help me please
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipod touch 32gb 5th generation not being recognized by pc.

I have an android phone which works fine with spotify, however my new Ipod touch is not being recognized by Spotify. The only thing I haven't tried yet is uninstalling from pc. Any suggestions.

• Gig Goer
  • I have an android phone which works fine with spotify, however my new Ipod touch is not being recognized by Spotify. The only thing I haven't tried yet is uninstalling from pc. Any suggestions.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Classic shows up in devices, but will not sync

Hello, I have been using Spotify for more than a year. I have Premium. The version I am using is 0.8.8.334.g2c6a424b. I am trying to sync my 80gb iPod classic (I don't know what gen that is) to Spotify. It shows up in Devices. I did try to sync it. N...

• Hello, I have been using Spotify for more than a year. I have Premium. The version I am using is 0.8.8.334.g2c6a424b. I am trying to sync my 80gb iPod classic (I don't know what gen that is) to Spo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems listening to music?

On my iPad and iPhone, my Spotify app allows me to log in, but when I try to play music, it says I need a premium account, which I have. I have been trying to get in for several hours. Also, when I try to log into the website on any device, I am told...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iPad and iPhone, my Spotify app allows me to log in, but when I try to play music, it says I need a premium account, which I have. I have been trying to get in for several hours. Also, when...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes