Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • MÌDÉ
  • 874 replies
  • 321 likes
  • 874 replies
  • 321 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS 4 Ipod Touch???

I'm a bit pissed off now. Have paid for Spotify Premium for my Ipod Touch for a long time now but suddenly it doesn't work on my anymore because Spotify has made changes. It says I need iso 4 and Itunes 9.2 but Safari does not allow me to download an...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm a bit pissed off now. Have paid for Spotify Premium for my Ipod Touch for a long time now but suddenly it doesn't work on my anymore because Spotify has made changes. It says I need iso 4 and Itu...
  • cookiecortez
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Little chains symbol on Spotify mobile

What does the little chains symbol mean on spotify mobile ? It's attached to some tracks. I don't understand the meaning... Synchronicity ?

• Casual Listener
  • What does the little chains symbol mean on spotify mobile ? It's attached to some tracks. I don't understand the meaning... Synchronicity ?
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Why Does the app crash right when I open it

I better get this app working or I expect a refund. I'm paying 10 dollars to listen to music on my computer? They better be fixing the problem soon

• Casual Listener
  • I better get this app working or I expect a refund. I'm paying 10 dollars to listen to music on my computer? They better be fixing the problem soon
  • azuc09
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to get iPhone app to NOT start playing last song listened to when launching the app?

I don't know if it's like this for anyone else, but when I launch the Spotify app on my iPhone, it starts playing the last song I listened to automatically. Some people might like this, but for me, it's quite annoying. Is there any way to change this...

• Music Fan
  • I don't know if it's like this for anyone else, but when I launch the Spotify app on my iPhone, it starts playing the last song I listened to automatically. Some people might like this, but for me, i...
  • w0mby
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Itouch does not appear under "Devices" on Spotify

Now before reading my question, please note that my itouch also can't connect to my itunes due to "not having itunes 64x". That encompasses an entire other set of problems that even the people at Apple haven't been able to solve. I just downloaded Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Now before reading my question, please note that my itouch also can't connect to my itunes due to "not having itunes 64x". That encompasses an entire other set of problems that even the people at App...
  • KSGeoffroy
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

syncing songs

Is there a way to permanently sync songs onto an iphone that were downloaded from spotify??

• Is there a way to permanently sync songs onto an iphone that were downloaded from spotify??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync Required?

So I've been using the app and everything was running fine but now some of my local files won't play. They have red exclamations next to them and when I click them it tells me a sync is required. I've did what tells me numerous times and they still w...

• Casual Listener
  • So I've been using the app and everything was running fine but now some of my local files won't play. They have red exclamations next to them and when I click them it tells me a sync is required. I'v...
  • olken2000
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Track info text gets cut off.

How do I view the all of the text of any given track on the iPhone app? 

• Regular
  • How do I view the all of the text of any given track on the iPhone app? 
  • mishamazor
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Iphone wont sync local files

I got a mac and a iphone 4. Before i could sync local files, but now suddenly after the update i cant sync my tracks. I have tried everyrthing, i turned off the firewall, made a playlist for the local tracks, restart, reinstall etc.

• Regular
  • I got a mac and a iphone 4. Before i could sync local files, but now suddenly after the update i cant sync my tracks. I have tried everyrthing, i turned off the firewall, made a playlist for the loca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

any ipod touch?

I have noticed my ipod nano doesn't let me put songs onto my ipod offline, so I am looking into buying a 1st gen Ipod Touch, will this be compatible? Thank you Grace

• Regular
  • I have noticed my ipod nano doesn't let me put songs onto my ipod offline, so I am looking into buying a 1st gen Ipod Touch, will this be compatible?    Thank you   Grace
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod Question

I have an iTouch that I want to put spotify on, and I know I have to get premium to do that, which is fine. However, my iTouch doesn't have any internet access, and I rarely am on my wi-fi at home (I use it in the car all the time, but that's about i...

• I have an iTouch that I want to put spotify on, and I know I have to get premium to do that, which is fine.  However, my iTouch doesn't have any internet access, and I rarely am on my wi-fi at h...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops playing then starting then stopping...

I have recently started having problem with spotify over 3G in my Iphone. The songs take quite long time to start and when it starts it runs for a while then stops then starts for a couple of seconds then stops and so on. This is happening when I hav...

• Casual Listener
  • I have recently started having problem with spotify over 3G in my Iphone. The songs take quite long time to start and when it starts it runs for a while then stops then starts for a couple of seconds...
  • nikglass
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

iPhone 4S Syncing- HELP!!

Hi, I have no idea how to sync my iphone to spotify. I downloaded spotify premium on my iphone and have made my playlists available offline, but i cannot listen to my music on my iphone. Help!!

• Hi, I have no idea how to sync my iphone to spotify. I downloaded spotify premium on my iphone and have made my playlists available offline, but i cannot listen to my music on my iphone. Help!!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

track position bug

In the latest version of Spotify (0.4.24.65...) the slider which controls track position has an unfortunate bug. Whenever you pause a track the seek button jumps to the end obscuring your track position and setting the time remaining to -0.00. This i...

• Regular
  • In the latest version of Spotify (0.4.24.65...) the slider which controls track position has an unfortunate bug. Whenever you pause a track the seek button jumps to the end obscuring your track ...
  • monkeybusiness
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ipad 2 App

Hi Is ther an ipad2 app in the works? The old Napster one was excellent.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Is ther an ipad2 app in the works? The old Napster one was excellent.
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Having a ton of trouble syncing playlists to iPhone and iPod

Hi there, I am having a ton of trouble syncing my iPod and iPhone to Spotify. Being new to the service, I accidentally activated off-line mode on more than three devices, and it booted all my off-line playlists from all my devices. While this seems t...

• Hi there,   I am having a ton of trouble syncing my iPod and iPhone to Spotify. Being new to the service, I accidentally activated off-line mode on more than three devices, and it booted all m...
  • apelkhaz
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Allow Us to Disable Auto Resume

This "feature" has always been broken, and always goes back too early in the song, if it even gets the last song right. Sometimes it goes back 2 songs! Spotify crashes so much, this only makes extended listening even more of a problem. Sometimes it s...

• Music Fan
  • This "feature" has always been broken, and always goes back too early in the song, if it even gets the last song right. Sometimes it goes back 2 songs! Spotify crashes so much, this only makes extend...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! iPhone pausing when connected to my car!

Whenever I connect my phone to the car and play through spotify it pauses the songs after 3-4 mins and I have to press play to resume the song! Nobody else is using the account I made sure of that! Can anybody help??? It never used to do it and it's ...

• Whenever I connect my phone to the car and play through spotify it pauses the songs after 3-4 mins and I have to press play to resume the song! Nobody else is using the account I made sure of that! C...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Off line play lists

Is it possible to select a part of a playlist for off line use on your mobule . Suppose you have a huge play list of a certain artist, but you want only a part off line on your phone. How do you handle this??

• Visitor
  • Is it possible to select a part of a playlist for off line use on your mobule . Suppose you have a huge play list of a certain artist, but you want only a part off line on your phone. How do you hand...
  • Richard
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

New iphone 4s

I just got a new iphone 4s had the iphone 4. Can't get my music to load. I have spotify premium.. Hundreds of playlists. Help!

• I just got a new iph one 4s had the iphone 4.  Can't get my music to load.  I have spotify premium.. Hundreds of playlists.  Help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes