Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPad Pro 12.9 (2nd generation)

Operating System

iPadOS 14.7.1

My Question or Issue

I would like to subscribe to a number of podcasts that have recently moved host to Parcast. But I do not want to listen to them using the Spotify app. I have a podcast app that I much prefer, and I would like to keep all of my podcsts in one place.

Two questions

1. How do I subscribe in the first place? The only guide I could find mentions a "Subscribe" link in the show description, which doesn't exist.

I found another guide (not on Spotify) which solved this one for me.

2. How do I get the subscription link so that I can add it to my player?

Thank you

4 Replies

Hey @sasilk,

Thanks for the post!

You can't listen to Spotify content via other apps. Playback is only possible through the Spotify app itself.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Take care.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Well, what a lovely closed system. That loses a listener for a couple of podcasts, since I'm not going to use Spotify for just a couple of podcast that I now can't get, when I have a perfectly good podcast app (far better than Spotify's) already.

Hey @sasilk,

Thanks for the reply.

By purchasing the Spotify Premium subscription you get access to a large variety of podcasts, music and audiobooks. There is no way to subscribe for specific podcasts, so there is no way to listen to those via another service while paying for Spotify.

You can always listen to podcasts even with a free account, so you can still enjoy those shows.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I already have a Premium subscription. My issue isn't that - it's that I don't want to listen to podcasts using the crappy Spotify app. As I said, I already have a perfectly good podcast player, but the Spotify podcasts are locked out (or locked in, more accurately).

Suggested posts