Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Go to song location in playlist

Solved!

Go to song location in playlist

In Android I can start playing a specific playlist, and clicking on the playlist’s name on top of the screen takes me to the position in the playlist where the current song is located.

Why is this behaviour not available on iOS? It is really annoying having to scroll every f* time to find the song in playlists with thousands of songs…

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @thmasker,

Thanks for the reply and the videos.

As @Jeremy has said previously this functionality doesn't exist on the iOS app. We've passed your feedback on to the teams working on developing the usability of Spotify. We can't say exactly when or if this functionality will be brought to iOS as well.

Hope you find this helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi @thmasker,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

This is not possible at the moment. However you're able to search within the playlist if you enter the playlist > hold one finger on the artwork > drag it down.

If that doesn't work, can you provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look directly from your end?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey, I attach two recordings which show the current behaviour for both Android and iOS. I honestly cannot understand why this functionality is not present on iOS 🙃

Marked as solution

Hey there @thmasker,

Thanks for the reply and the videos.

As @Jeremy has said previously this functionality doesn't exist on the iOS app. We've passed your feedback on to the teams working on developing the usability of Spotify. We can't say exactly when or if this functionality will be brought to iOS as well.

Hope you find this helpful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for your answer. Is there any reason for this feature not to be on iOS? I guess it should not be that difficult to implement once it already exists in other platforms...

Hi @thmasker!

The app's features may vary across platforms, be it for compatibility reasons or because of an ongoing test we're running. At the end of the day Spotify is constantly evolving in order to provide the best possible experience to its users, which is why your feedback so important. We've gone ahead and forwarded it to the right folks so they can take it into consideration.

The Community is always here if anything else comes up.

Take care!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I would second this request - especially now that the Enhanced Playlist option is only available on mobile. You have to scroll through everything if you have it on shuffle to be able to easily add the song to the playlist.

Why is this yet not possible? So frustrating that i have to manually scroll to find the currently playing song.

Is this likely to be expected anytime soon? Sometime we have a big play list, every time we have to scroll. A song has the context information only with album not with playlist currently being played. It's a bad user design. There should be a way to tap the current track and should take to play list location. One more feature, there should be a way to play a last played song which should resume from the play list. When app is closed and reopened, this context is lost.

I second the need for this feature as well. 

Suggested posts