NEXT STEP

Google maps integration not working on iPhone 7

Solved!

Google maps integration not working on iPhone 7

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

The last week or so the Spotify controls haven’t been working on google maps. It just comes up with the continue playing button but when I click this button nothing happens. Both Spotify and google maps have been updated to the newest update but it’s still not working.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After I worked with SpotifyCare in Twitter, the problem resolved. The SpotifyCare provided a temporary test account. I logout mine on the iPhone app and login to the test account. In this case Google maps successfully shows the Spotify integration. The point is, after I re-login to my own account, Google maps integration is still working. Maybe you guys can manually logout and re-login the account to see if that works or not.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This worked! I had to restart my phone before logging back in to Spotify. Although, it only works if Spotify is opened first and then google maps is opened. I opened google maps first and clicked continue but it didn't come up it was only after I paused the music on Spotify and cancelled the map route and clicked it again that it worked.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Seeing same issue on my iphone XS. Was seeing it on ios12.4 and now again after updating to ios13.  Seeing same issue with integration into Waze app as well. When I click on the continue playing button if Spotify is not already open it will open Spotify and play music but the controls and song information is blank.

Mine is doing the same thing on my iPhone XR. I tried deleting and redone loading both apps, updating IOS, and disconnecting and reconnecting the two apps. Nothing has worked. 

Same here. iPhone 7 with iOS 13 and the latest Spotify/Google Maps apps.
The problem has been there for at least a month and it's super annoying, especially now the Spotify app cannot keep the screen awake even the phone is charging so the only way to see what's playing now is via Google maps.
Marked as solution

After I worked with SpotifyCare in Twitter, the problem resolved. The SpotifyCare provided a temporary test account. I logout mine on the iPhone app and login to the test account. In this case Google maps successfully shows the Spotify integration. The point is, after I re-login to my own account, Google maps integration is still working. Maybe you guys can manually logout and re-login the account to see if that works or not.

Marked as solution

This worked! I had to restart my phone before logging back in to Spotify. Although, it only works if Spotify is opened first and then google maps is opened. I opened google maps first and clicked continue but it didn't come up it was only after I paused the music on Spotify and cancelled the map route and clicked it again that it worked.

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to google maps is not working on your iPhone, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take to address the issue. Here are some common solutions:-

1. Check Internet Connection:-

-Ensure that your iPhone has a stable internet connection. Open Safari or another browser to see if you can load web pages.
2. Update Google Maps:-

-Make sure that you have the latest version of the Google Maps app installed on your iPhone. Visit the App Store, go to the      "Updates" tab, and check if there's an update available for Google Maps.
3. Restart Google Maps:-

-Close the Google Maps app completely and then reopen it. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen (on older iPhones,       double-click the home button) to view the app switcher. Find Google Maps and swipe it up or off the screen to close it.
4. Restart Your iPhone:-

-A simple restart can often resolve minor glitches. Turn off your iPhone, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
5. Check Location Services:-

-Make sure that Location Services are enabled for Google Maps. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, and ensure     that it is turned on. Scroll down and make sure Google Maps is set to "While Using the App" or "Always," depending on your   preference.
6. Check Background App Refresh:-

-Ensure that Background App Refresh is enabled for Google Maps. Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh,   and make sure it is turned on. Scroll down to find Google Maps and toggle it on.
7. Clear Cache and Data:-

-Open the Google Maps app and tap on your profile picture in the top right.
  -Go to "Settings" > "About, terms & privacy" > "Clear application data."
  -Confirm that you want to clear the data.
8. Check Google Account:-

-If you are signed in to Google Maps, ensure that your Google account is functioning correctly. You may try signing out and   then signing back in.
9. Update iOS:-

-Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Updates can include bug fixes that may address issues with     app functionality.
  -Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for updates.
10. Reinstall Google Maps:-

-Delete the Google Maps app from your iPhone, then reinstall it from the App Store.
11. Contact Google Support:-

-If the issue persists, you may want to contact Google Support for assistance. They can provide more specific guidance   based on the nature of the problem.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve common issues with Google Maps on your iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng8YZOdEI24&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Suggested posts