Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HOW CAN I STOP SPOTIFY FROM ADDING THEIR OWN SONGS??

HOW CAN I STOP SPOTIFY FROM ADDING THEIR OWN SONGS??

Plan

Free

Country

England 

Device

(iPhone 6)

Operating System

(iOS 12)

My Question or Issue

So i’ve just joined and i’ve been looking everywhere for an answer (the contact us form was HORRIBLE with an automated answer to search the answer page). I just added a song to my playlist and spotify immediately added their own songs! how do i stop this? it’s extreemely annoying, and i’ve heard it’s also a problem for those with premium. please can i get a legitimate answer and not an automated one? thanks.

38 Replies

Hi,

do you mean the recommended songs in the bottom of the playlist or what do you mean by adding songs?

Spotify also continue to play recommended songs when the playlist has come to an end. This can be turned off, by going to “Home” -> Settings -> Playback and then by turning off “Autoplay”.

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

Hey @haikahenry,

Just writing to add something to @Fishtaco's post. 

If you're on the free version of Spotify, you'll see a section called WE ADDED (under YOU ADDED) right at the bottom of the screen when you open one of the playlists you created. 

Take a look here if you'd like to know more about the plans we offer and their specifics.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Have a good day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

You can't. We have a paid prescription. We DO have more than 15 songs in the playlist and the recommended songs are NOT just at the bottom.  We try to listen on a mobile device and they add suggested songs throughout the entire playlist. If we delete one, another pops up in it's place. Even though it's supposedly based on listening history, it's always songs we hate. My son my stop paying and I will not upgrade because the suggested songs are even more annoying than ads and autoplay does NOT stop the songs they add mid playlist. Spotify is annoying. 

Apparently I cannot edit my comment.  First of all , I meant subscription lol. Anyway, my son went into the settings  under enhancements, and was able to turn off the annoying songs they were inserting into the list.  Not sure if that feature exists on free accounts or not. 

Spotify sucks. YouTube Music and Apple Music is better.

GhostXWaFI I don't think that's a answer but it's fax sometimes

Same problem,

Mario, you mentioned that it exists, but not how to change it? You just talked about prices, so we can't get rid of "we added", we have to pay for a feature that shouldn't even be there to be removed? 

This isn't a question at all but, stop adding music to my playlists. If I wanted it there I would have added it myself. Listening to my music is supposed to be relaxing not annoying and infuriating. I will make a specific playlist with the songs I WANT to listen to and then Spotify adds 20+ songs that have nothing to do with what I'm listening to. So I have to go in and manually remove them because I can't find an option to turn that off. (If there even is one, which there should be.) Then by the time I go back and try to listen to MY music you add 20+ more and the process repeats. For a company that prides itself in music and customer care you guys are awful at it. I guess money is more important than happy customers. Just know that you are ruining music and driving away your customers.

I just talked to my buddy who has premium. (I do not) he does not have a "We Added" section at all. So free users have to deal with the added songs while premium users don't have the feature. So yes you are paying to remove a feature that should not be there in the first place.

I DO have premium and random songs ARE added into my playlists. Nothing I do fixes it, and it is infuriating to pay for a service and have songs I don't want to hear shoved on me! This just started within the last month or so.  I'm about to cancel my service altogether.  

Hey folks! 

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

As @Mario mentioned, the free version of the app has an option integrated called "We Added". There's more info about the different plans in this link.

@rebecca27, not to worry. It's possible that you may have the "Enhance" function enable from your end. There's more info about this here.

Keep in mind that if you turn off "Enhance" (by tapping on the button), the recommendations will be removed.

We'll be here in case you need anything else.

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

We did click on the "enhanced" button and are still getting their annoining inserts and don't want them.  We will move to Apple music if it doesn't stop.

How can we contact Spotify?

Hey @Nantz1,

Thanks for your replies in this thread 🙂

Could you share with us the troubleshooting you’ve already done? You could perform a clean (more thorough) reinstall to see if this makes a difference. You can find the steps to do it here.

On another note, can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you use?

Lastly, if you prefer reaching out to the Support folks, you can find out how to contact our Customer Support team here.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm not on the free plan and Spotify keeps adding songs to my playlist that I have ZERO interest in!!

Hey @Dinamf,

Thank you for joining the conversation and welcome.

The autofill feature adds similar songs to a playlist that doesn't contain a large number of tracks. However, this happens only in the free tier. As you mentioned that you have a Premium subscription, make sure that the playlist is not Spotify created, from another user or collaborative to cover all the basics.

In case the playlist is owned by you and it's getting songs added without your permission, we'd recommend also following a security process to make sure that you're the only one accessing your account. You can do it by following the steps in this article.

Lastly, if the issue persists, could you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

I can’t find enhancements in my settings (also premium) and this has been bugging me for ages. Can you ask your son for a little more direction please? Would be much appreciated 👍

It started last year for me and I can’t stop it!!! Rarely songs or bands I’ve even listened to. So irritating.

Hi there @MissyMiss,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community.

You can find the Enhance button when you open up a playlist on your phone app, like shown on the picture. If the button is grayed out, the added songs should disappear.

Let us know if that works for you.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts