Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help me turn off the ability to have random people use my device as a playback.

Help me turn off the ability to have random people use my device as a playback.

Hey community. I need some help. Lately during my commute to my classes, at random times my Spotify will connect to a random PS4 or Desktop that I have 0 idea who they are. I’m not connected to WI-FI or is my Bluetooth on! Within those seconds, they managed to delete up to 4 months of saved music, mess up my recently played, and gave me a panic attack... 😞

I contaced the Support, and they told me to change my password, so I did. Happened again. And again. AND AGAIN! It seems I’m doomed to never listen to my music ever again! [dramatic] but still I feel it gets the point across. I even signed out of all devices with no such luck! 

What in asking is, if anyone knows if there’s a disable feature so my phone will just Not Connect to anything (that isn’t offline mode, bc ones I turn back online, it connects right back to the strangers device and I’m MILES away from where it first happened!) 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you for your time! 🙇🏻‍♀️💖 

Info:

iPhone 8+

And I have the Premium Plan! 

2 Replies

Hi, so I noticed your problem and while I cannot say I’ve had the same issue I think the only thing you can really do is turn off Bluetooth during those times and if you are then assure you are and also manually turn off the other devices on the devices menu in the settings, I’m sorry to say I don’t know a specific fix but I hope I can assist your problem.

Hey @lexexp, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

I'd recommend performing a password reset and using the Sign Out Everywhere, Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page.

To recover your playlists please follow the steps from the second attached image.

Hope it helps 🙂

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png22

Suggested posts