Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help with My iOS App (Account joined with Facebook)

Help with My iOS App (Account joined with Facebook)

First of all, my problem isn't with the account associated with this username, writing on behalf of another person.

My problem is rather long, so please bear with me. I have a premium account in Colombia. When I first joined Spotify, it was through Facebook.

Now, recently I accidentally logged off my account on the Spotify iOS app and now I can't log back in on my specific phone. This is where it gets complicated. I can log in to the desktop account (all via Facebook) without a problem and listen to music hassle-free. However, when I try to join via Facebook on my app, it says my account isn't associated with my Facebook account (however, a picture of an old Facebook account shows up, not the current one) - screenshot attached. 

Now, I thought "ok I have 2 Facebook accounts associated with one Spotify", but when I log into the old account it has no Spotify attached to that account, so I don't understand why I am getting that message. Now, this is where it gets more confusing, when I log into another phone and app, it works perfectly, so the problem lies exclusively on my app/phone. I have tried deleting both the Facebook app and Spotify app with no success. Was wondering if maybe somebody may have any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance, sorry if it's confusing (because it is).

1 Reply

Hey there @AleColombia8!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.

The easiest way to solve this would be to be reset your Spotify password here and then you'll be able to log in using your email address and the new password.

This would help avoid any issues caused by the stored cache info on your device.

Because of that we'd also recommend clearing your phone's cache. On iOS you might need a cache cleaning app to do that.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We'll be here if there;s anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts